Faux Farm has a new Rooster.

Daplumma

After jesus(pronounced hey zoos)the rooster passed a month ago we have been contemplating getting a new rooster for our hens.jesus was a gentle rooster with a knack for coming back from the dead.He got the beatdown from a rival rooster so bad one time that he couldn't lft his head up for a couple of weeks and he nearly died.He was snatched one morning by a fox because someone forgot to lock up the coop.I found his tailfeathers spread all over the back yard and gave him up for dead.Two days later the neighbors 1/2 mile away called and asked if we were missing a rooster.Sure enough there was jesus he had no tailfeathers and was missing both spurs.He had lost his voice for a few days but he pulled thru just fine.He was dive bombed by a Red tailed hawk and carried up into the air but he managed to struggle free and fall to earth.I heard the racket and the hawk took off.jesus was fine afetr that.He finally died after 6 years on this green earth,found him under his perch.Replacing him was gonna be tough but yesterday a friend that frequents the animal shelter said that they had a rooster there for adoption."Elvis" as we call him was found on the side of the road in a small doggie crate.He must have been someones pet rooster that fell off of a pickup truck.Anyway Elvis has some big shoes to fill but he seems to get along with the ladies and the guinnie hen so here he is!!

med_gallery_7_64_20711.jpg

Joe

Joe, I hope you didn't bury him yet, he might have just beeing playing possum hoping that redtail would come back so he could...... oh never mind, it's probably too late!

LOL Cliff..Thats a great joke.Lew,its a tough job but if he survives he has exactly 12 hens all to himself!He's locked up for the nite with his girls.. bet that henhouse will be rocking tonite!

Joe

FINALLY, someone on here with chickens! :clapping: I LOVE CHICKENS!

I need to paint an agricultural scene this fall and I would love you to send me some chicken pictures. I'll save Elvis if you don't mind. I can just see the title, "Elvis, KING of the Roost." :rolleyes:

Chickens scratching, roosting, anything. No rush, but if you can take some I would appreciate it.

Thanks Joe.

Pam