Anyone recognize this bird ??

lew

I've normally got at least 20 various birds in my yard at any given time eating from the feeder, but today I have a new one I don't recognize.

Everytime I go into the yard he heads for the trees, so I had to take this picture from inside the house and shoot thru 2 windows so it's not very clear.

About the size of a robin with a totally black head, and his whole back, including the top of his tail is also black with white markings mixed in.

His entire underside including the bottom of his tail is pure white and there's a large, very vivid red patch on his chest.

He's also got a thick, heavy looking beak but I doubt it's any kind of woodpecker..

My bird identification book is up at the lake but I'm curious as to what species he is.

Any ideas ??

Cnv1474.jpg

No Problemo guys, If you got a chance look at the pics of the peregrine falcon what a awesome set of pics.

it's a rose breasted grossbeak man...they can raise hell around a bird feeder... we have'em here in july

it's a rose breasted grossbeak man...they can raise hell around a bird feeder... we have'em here in july

YEA! I know i was talking about the link i posted it shows pics and names of North American bird species look under Peregrine Falcon for some nice pictures "never mind i will post the link below"::

http://www.featheredfotos.com/spppages/rap...e%20falcon.html