Hot shoting question

misfish

I really love hot shoting. Nothing like holding that bait in a rif,and waiting for that WHAM. Can be boring to some,but I like doing it.The spring is killer.

My question is,will it work at this time of year? Water is super cold now,and getting real clear. Im thinking the bait has to be placed right in front of their face at this time of year.

Your thoughts and experince.

Edited by Misfish

I use hotshotting at the Niagara year round but thats really deep water with lots of fish and current. It's less successful is streams after the weather gets cold, better to use spinners, spoons and crankbaits simply cast and retrieved. They still will hit moving baits in the cold.

I really love hot shoting. Nothing like holding that bait in a rif,and waiting for that WHAM. Can be boring to some,but I like doing it.The spring is killer.

My question is,will it work at this time of year? Water is super cold now,and getting real clear. Im thinking the bait has to be placed right in front of their face at this time of year.

Your thoughts and experince.

Was at Duffins Creek yesterday and my buddy had a take down while holding his phone to his ear and the bait dangling in the current. Actually hit it twice. No matter how cold it gets, when I'm hungry and if it ain't there in front of me, I will chase food.