Quinte for the weekend

cityfisher

Hey Guys,

Haven't posted a report in a while. Been a great season so far. Heres a report from the last weekend.

Ive been to quinte many times over the years..ussually in the spring or winter.. Never in nov/dec when the big girls come in. My buddy has been wanting to get out and since he owns a ranger it was time to rigg up some rod holders and get a real quinte spread going!!

We arrive a bit late sat morning.. around 9,,, launch and head out to the BIG water... long COLD boot out and we start trolling and trolling....3 hours in the board goes off. After a long fight and huge eye surfaces. In the net and we are shocked by its size.. All of us have caught 8-11lb walleye before but not this big!! 16.1 lb Giant!! We are a happy bunch!! trolled till dark.. no more sniffs! long hard day but glad we got 1 giant landed.

This morning we headed out again... even colder this am. Setup and 1 hour in my turn to land my biggest eye to date 12.2 lb..WoW troll for 3 hours more and call it a weekend.

Not manny boats out with weekend but a good amount of big charters in our area.. They must of been laughing at us in a bass boat freezing all day while they are in there sheltered and somtimes heated fancy rigs.

Overall great times!!

quinteweekend.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Nice catch guys.

16.1 lb Giant :worthy: That's one trophy fish!

Good to see a working alternator belt ;)

The boat was in good order this weekend. Always nice when there are no issues to worry about.

She was definitely a big girl. 33Lx19.75G. Probably going to get a replica done.

Anyone know any good taxidermists for a reasonable price?