Was your flasher worth purchasing ??

jdmls

Thought I'd dig up this post, I got out on the ice today and realized that my pirahna max won't sense my transducer in cold water, any way to fix this?

I used one for a season or two...absolutely hated the thing. Very inconsistent display, and became less and less effective the colder it got. Hardly even worth the effort of lugging the thing around.

I purchased a Humminbird ice 55 flasher last season. Love it! Never used electronics on the ice til then. U can zoom in on different depths of the water column, watch my bait as it descends, has dual beam transducer to narrow down the viewing area or expand it to a wider profile. Used it while jiggging walleye in 43 fow, saw fish at 20', reeled up, fish on! Also amazing to watch a whitefish dart off the bottom to hit my suspended bait! Without my flasher I would not have known there were fish cruising at different depths. Won't go ice fishing without it!! To add to what others are saying about the expenses involved to get out fishing, if I account the boats, motors, ATV, rods, reels, tackle, clothing, ice shack, heater, gas, motel, meals. My fish is approximately $852.00 per pound!! HAHA!

Thought I'd dig up this post, I got out on the ice today and realized that my pirahna max won't sense my transducer in cold water, any way to fix this?

Sure, put it in warm water. :whistling: That aside, what do mean it's not "sensing" it? It's either on or not. Check the battery voltage to see that it's fully charged. Just for the heck of it, put the transducer in a pail of room temp water. Maybe a little cable/connector wiggle.

I am a Vexilar owner, I had an FL-8 and I upgraded to an FL-18 so I could get the Zoom feature. Upgraded to an FL-22 last year. An FL-22 is not one that you would need because it only goes to 60ft. I will not leave home without my flasher. I also have a camera but it takes too long to set-up. I have a few other sonars that i could've used but once you are used to a flasher you will not go back.

Sure, put it in warm water. :whistling: That aside, what do mean it's not "sensing" it? It's either on or not. Check the battery voltage to see that it's fully charged. Just for the heck of it, put the transducer in a pail of room temp water. Maybe a little cable/connector wiggle.

The thing works, turns on and everything, just when I turn it on (with the transducer in) is says that it's not connected, But it only happens in cold water, works fine in warm.

Reminds me of my old TCR101 I had rigged up years ago.Worked great in the hut but once the cold got to it it just wouldn't work worth a darn.I'd say either try some hand warmers around it inside a cooler or its time to upgrade to something more suited to ice fishing.

I'm partial to my x67.Can't wear the battery down in a day and it has both lcd and flasher mode.Love them both.I like the flasher for instant display and the lcd for memory which is great when a whitie or laker comes chasing up on your bait.

Kerry

Reminds me of my old TCR101 I had rigged up years ago.Worked great in the hut but once the cold got to it it just wouldn't work worth a darn.I'd say either try some hand warmers around it inside a cooler or its time to upgrade to something more suited to ice fishing.

I'm partial to my x67.Can't wear the battery down in a day and it has both lcd and flasher mode.Love them both.I like the flasher for instant display and the lcd for memory which is great when a whitie or laker comes chasing up on your bait.

Kerry

Do you mean hand warmers around the console or transducer?

My Humminbird 747c does the same thing with my X19 iceducer. When it's starting up press the menu button before it completely starts up and select normal.. Sometimes I've gotta unplug the transducer and plug it back in before the graph picks it up.. Not all the time, completely random.