Grrrr... Been doing some searching...

Gerritt

We have talk in the past about the cheapest HS internet... and phone service....

Times have changed since then...

I am looking for the cheapest Internet and Home service...... it seems to change as to who is who and what is what every month....

I am looking for a breakdown meaning $$$

HS internet....

Home Phone....

I am sick of google, looking into this as everyone claims to be the cheapest and the best.... I am Located in Eastern Ontario. Im Looking for real experience dollars and cents here.... 613 area code.

Im Dutch.... and she's Scottish.....

Did not think I could meet anyone as frugal as me..... Seems I have met my match lol... but it seems I have....

Anyone have any ideas here in the 613? other then Bell?

thank in advance guys,

G

Yup but never again Gaspumper.....I had them in Hamilton... and am now dealing with them here in Brighton...

I am getting collection calls, from cogeco.... nasty nasty people to deal with.... My Grandmother (Oma) passed away a few months ago... my grandfather (Opa) is in a nursing home due to dementia.... I have the same name as my Opa..... Seems this is a rarity in the universe.....

They are telling me I owe them.... even after I explain the situation...... My Opa (same name) can't look after himself let alone his finances.... Power of attorney kicks in...(insert POA here).... I paid off the Opa's bill.... sems however they are coming after my for their bill..... WHAT??? same letter keeps show up... I paid it!!! for my Opa... but then this crap from collections.... calls and Mail..... these people suck

Will states, House is left to me....same names.... seems these people do not understand english

Needless to say now that I own my grandparents house.... SAME NAME!!!!

Grrrrrr.....

needless to say I am ready to give Bell/Cogeco the boot.... add to that Union Gas (if I could) and all the faceless people that are located in a sweatshop/callcentre in northern india).....

Looking for options as the big guys dont seem to give a crap... even after you explain to them what is going on....

insert certified copies from my/their lawyer faxed... ugh.... damn lawyers cost...

G

Edited by Gerritt

I've used these guys for years in Trenton and still with them now that I've moved to Rockland,On.

Always great customer service.

If you go to their website you can type in your phone number to see if the service would be available to you.

http://www.netrover.com/

Internet service only;sorry,can't help with the phone.

Edited by the spirit of fishing

Hey Bud you might have to suck it up on this one.

I tryed last year around the same time.

Stick with Ma Bell she has the monopoly on the market..

Consistant reliable service at a fair price..?

Other providers have to many conditions and openly addmit that service will be interupted at times(regularly)

At the time I was not in the position to put out 500$ for set up. with providers that use Bells network system. Just to have sub par service...

So I opted to decline.

Dont foget that where your living now internet is not a right but a luxury... Your not in the

horeshoe anymore....

If you can get bell . Take it. :thumbsup_anim:

Don.

call you tomoro.

sit tight bud :thumbsup_anim:

• 2 weeks later...

Well I made the switch after getting so angry with Bell the other day as things are still not resolved...

I went with a company called http://www.mysignal.ca/

Decent rates, QUICK response time to answer the phone and they are local

Phone is 24.99 with unlimited long distance anywhere in N.A

Internet is 44.99 Unlimited and not throttled

no contracts, no Bull.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys

G

for phone; magic jack, had it for a year, no complains at all $30 a year all unlimited in n.america. favourite feature- any message left on home phone comes to my email as audio file.

internet; got teksavy 3 months ago, so far so good.

Edited by efka

I looked into magicjack..... But couldn't get a local number close to me.... So that means for my nextdoor neighbour to call me it would be long distance

Try again....they didn't have our area code but do now..they keep adding more area codes as time goes on....however, I don't use Magicjack...I use Google phone from my computer...call anywhere in U.S.A. or Canada for FREE....but you can't get calls to you.....and for texting....here's a great site for those who don't have texting or are limited in the amount of texting per month, like me...

http://www.textem.net/updates.php

Maybe my experience with Bell is not the norm, :dunno: but i have 3 cells, home phone, Expressvu tv, Hi speed internet, at both home and my bussiness, 4 local lines, 2 800's and use thier Avantage program to run my bussiness. Never had 1 single issue with billing or rates.Always had good service when i needed info or help. Unless they dont provide service to your area, i would not go with anyone else...EVER.

Maybe my experience with Bell is not the norm, :dunno: but i have 3 cells, home phone, Expressvu tv, Hi speed internet, at both home and my bussiness, 4 local lines, 2 800's and use thier Avantage program to run my bussiness. Never had 1 single issue with billing or rates.Always had good service when i needed info or help. Unless they dont provide service to your area, i would not go with anyone else...EVER.

Yeah, you're not normal!!!! :tease: :tease: :tease:

I hate Bell!!! For 15 years we had Inet with Bell and switched from dialup to Bell Turbo Hub about 7 years ago. Well over the past 2 years they have cancelled my email acct. 4 times!!!

This year they cancelled it 3 times!!! And the last time they said they weren't going to reinstate it because we switched over to the turbo hub which is Bell Mobility and dialup was Bell Canada!!!!

Really??!!??!!??! :blink:

So they cancelled my email I said either reinstate it or I will cancel all of my Bell services.

They said they coudn't do that. I said, please cancel my service. Then I went and canceled the rest of my services and when they asked me why I told them.

You cancel my email which costs like $.01/year to host you lose $1200/year in my business!!!!!

Yeah, you're not normal!!!! :tease: :tease: :tease:

I hate Bell!!! For 15 years we had Inet with Bell and switched from dialup to Bell Turbo Hub about 7 years ago. Well over the past 2 years they have cancelled my email acct. 4 times!!!

This year they cancelled it 3 times!!! And the last time they said they weren't going to reinstate it because we switched over to the turbo hub which is Bell Mobility and dialup was Bell Canada!!!!

Really??!!??!!??! :blink:

So they cancelled my email I said either reinstate it or I will cancel all of my Bell services.

They said they coudn't do that. I said, please cancel my service. Then I went and canceled the rest of my services and when they asked me why I told them.

You cancel my email which costs like $.01/year to host you lose $1200/year in my business!!!!!

I was going to mention that....Paul in NOT normal....but didn't want him to go off the deep and and jump like a "Frog"..... :rofl2:

And about the email address....you are MUCM MUCH MUCH better off with a non-affiliated email address like Gmail from Google...you keep it no matter what Internet provider you use. Gmail has the largest storage capacity and by far the BEST spam filter I have seen...Hotmail sucks IMHO...they once cleaned out all of my inbox and I couldn't recover very important emails from colleges both my son's attended for financial aid.

For Gmail you need a invite from someone who already has it...I have no idea why they do this...but send me a PM if you want a invite.

Bob