Boat trailer storage

Yes I do, I have been told that the tires can develop a flat spot if you leave them on the ground.

The OLD nylon tires would develop flat spots but not today's tires...

I find it huge waste of time, effort and the chance of a accident to put your trailer up on blocks.....I have the same boat trailer since 1985 (27 years) and have never had a problem with the tires or suspension....and LOOK....there are many cars and trucks out there standing on the same tires and suspension without problems....but if you have nothing better to do....then jack it "up".....LOL.... :whistling:

Glad you never had any old cars I wanted to buy from you BB. You'd do yourself (and what's riding in your boat) a world of favour if you let those leaf springs rest and re arch themselves each off season. The only accident that's going to happen slapping the axle stands under the frame is you can't get your ass back up standing straight again! :sarcasm:

Edited by irishfield

Glad you never had any old cars I wanted to buy from you BB. You'd do yourself (and what's riding in your boat) a world of favour if you let those leaf springs rest and re arch themselves each off season. The only accident that's going to happen slapping the axle stands under the frame is you can't get your ass back up standing straight again! :sarcasm:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think due to the above responses.. It's a matter of personal preference.. I say, if you have the means and the ambition, put it on stands.. If you don't feel like it, nothing bad will happen.. In the short term anyhow..

I have another boat trailer that I also use as a utility trailer, it never sees stands because it doesn't sit idle long.. And my suspenson and tires are still in good shape

My reason for putting my new boat trailer and tent trailer on stands for the winter is more so so I can get the tires out of the sun.. Having the springs with no weight on them is a bonus.

Mine is never stored long enough to put it up on stands. I would miss out on some great opportunities if I actually "winterized" my boat.

I just flip up the blind, and throw a tarp over it. I keep the snow cleared around it so I can get at it if I need to get out in it. So far this year, My boat has been in the water every month. I never "winterized" it at all. Just kept on using it. As long as the lakes aren't froze over by December, this will be the first time ever i used it all 12 months in 20 yeas of owning it. :thumbsup_anim:

S.