Who Retails Otter Huts?

Oggie

Checked out the Frabill and Clam products on sale at BassPro. I don't like the seat on the end of the hut. Most of the hut is out behind you, not beside you as it was in the older Clams. How do you reach stuff at the far end of the that Commando Frabill? Nice hut other than that problem IMO.

Just wondering if anyone knows where I could look at Otter products?

Tx.

Dan O.

From their website:

Sunset Strip Husky Highway 17 East Kenora ONT P9N 1M1 807-468-4888

Pinewood Sports R.R.1, B-1 Fort Frances ONT P9A 3M2 807-274-7737

Innovative Docking Systems 2298 Hwy 11 North Gravenhurst ONT P1P 1R1 705-687-4888

KTL Canada (distributer) 2465 Milltower Ct Mississauga ONT L5N 5Z6 905-542-0535

Chippewa Trading Post 1332 Great Northern Road Sault Ste. Marie ONT P6A 5K7 705-759-4518

Western Auto 165 Queen St. E. Sault Ste. Marie ONT P6A 1Y6 705-949-4812

Ramakkos Tackle World 125 Loach's Rd. Sudbury ONT P3E 2P8 705-522-8889

A-One Distributers 292 Cumberland St. N Thunder Bay ONT P7A 4N6 800-681-4029

Riverside Outdoors 1216 Riverdale Rd Thunder Bay ONT P76 1N1 807-627-0698

Tackle Unlimited 117 Hardisty St. Thunder Bay ONT P7E 1A1 807-623-1944

KTL might have more retailers to advise you of as they are trade only.

Michael

Checked out the Frabill and Clam products on sale at BassPro. I don't like the seat on the end of the hut. Most of the hut is out behind you, not beside you as it was in the older Clams. How do you reach stuff at the far end of the that Commando Frabill? Nice hut other than that problem IMO.

Just wondering if anyone knows where I could look at Otter products?

Tx.

Dan O.

I love my Frabill Commando. I just move the seat over to one side and put a 5gallon bucket beside it which holds most of my gear. I like the space behind personally. I put my heater behind me so it stays dry and also I wont kick it over by accident. I also like that there are no poles to extend. Just flip over the tent and yer good to go.

Edited by ckrb2007

I dont recommend the otter huts. My buddy has one. Need an atv to move it or its a workout from hell. Setup of the stupid sliding bars takes longer than my popup tent hut. And it doesn't seal as well as my popup so it stays cold. You need an atv to move it, though i think its durability being towed would crumble quickly. Really. Spend the extra cash.

I dont recommend the otter huts. My buddy has one. Need an atv to move it or its a workout from hell. Setup of the stupid sliding bars takes longer than my popup tent hut. And it doesn't seal as well as my popup so it stays cold. You need an atv to move it, though i think its durability being towed would crumble quickly. Really. Spend the extra cash.

Well maybe your buddy needs a work out and apply a bit of wax to the bars to make them slide easier. They are above quality when it comes to Clam and Fragile.

At Gagnon Sports we have our Frabill gear in right now. I'll check back here and let you know if we have Otter coming in again like last season. I know Clam and some Eskimo will be coming too shortly. We have a lot of stock out right now if guys in the neighbourhood want to check in. Otter was the hardest huts for us to build I remember but were probably the nicest one we had last season, just solid huts.

Tightlines, getting excited too for the winter season!

MTBF

all of the big 3 flip overs are comparable in weight...clam, frabill, otter...although I think the frabill thermal is about 30 lbs heavier than the otter, both the 2-3 man size, not sure if that means more insulation or not

I think the otter is the best one out there right now...the only thing i like about the frabill is the rear door...I can see that being very handy...mainly for the dog to come and go as he pleases without tripping over my lines, flasher and heater lol

if you're going to pull by hand runners and regular waxing is a must...using a longer tow rope helps too...I use a 20' recovery strap to tow and a 6' strap to go around my waist/shoulder, hand pull...works perfect, easy to pull and

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the info guys. Does the extra thermal feature in the Clams improve the heat retention significantly? It likely adds some weight and cost (OF COURSE!).

I have heard the Otter huts are slightly heavier and I'm handtowing so that is a factor.

Dan O.

I wouldn't worry about the thermal stuff. Mine doesn't have it and I am never cold haha. I Isenberg a small heater and could where t-shirts and be fine.

As for Otter huts. Bills bait and tackle has them. They are way nicer then clam or them. I own a Rapala hut. It's alright but not as nice as the otter.