Gooderham musky/walleye

Christopheraaron

A bulldawg or any other large plastic jerkbait would be a good lure. Don't be afraid to throw the smaller stuff as well. If you are tossing bucktails, and I would give them a go, make sure that you are slow rolling them, also try pausing and jerking them. You never know what might trigger a strike.

One last thing, make sure that you have all of your release gear ready. Things can get a bit crazy with a musky on the end of you line. The small ones are especially fiesty. When you add in the instability of a canoe you need to prepare for the unexpected. If I was musky fishing from a canoe I would want handling gloves, hook cutters, jaw spreaders extra long pliers and a good sized net.

A bulldawg or any other large plastic jerkbait would be a good lure. Don't be afraid to throw the smaller stuff as well. If you are tossing bucktails, and I would give them a go, make sure that you are slow rolling them, also try pausing and jerking them. You never know what might trigger a strike.

One last thing, make sure that you have all of your release gear ready. Things can get a bit crazy with a musky on the end of you line. The small ones are especially fiesty. When you add in the instability of a canoe you need to prepare for the unexpected. If I was musky fishing from a canoe I would want handling gloves, hook cutters, jaw spreaders extra long pliers and a good sized net.

got a net, hook cutters, extra long pliers, gloves, sounds like I just have to grab some jaw spreaders. And incase anyone was wondering that duct tape rod holder is long gone and i invested in a salty. :)