The Rock - a report......finally

Pikeslayer

Well, summer/fall vacation is coming to an end and finally got around to do some editing. So here's a short clip (comments following)

<iframe width="420" height="315"

src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ko8hd5mBqnQ" frameborder="0"

allowfullscreen></iframe>

Highlights:The peoples (outside of 'the town'). Their hospitality and warmth.The Claddagh Inn (St. Marys). Patrick & Carol were the best hosts and ran the finest B&B we stayed at.The weather. Unbeleivable for the first week of September.Regrets:Bringing 'the ex' but her hubby is a long time good friend.Spending too much time in 'the town'. We were in St. John's for all/parts of 5 days out of a 7 day trip (did I say bringing 'the ex' wallbash.gifwallbash.gif )Not booking 10 days (vs 7).Missing out on shark fishing out of St. Marys. I will be returning next year sans ex, hubby & wife to do so.The hurricane that wasn't. THEY CLOSED THE LIQUOR STORES.Missing a 'kitchen party' with my Aunt's sister (due to a funeral unfortunetly)Missing the sunrise @ Signal Hill. We were there @ 0500, but so was the fog.I did manage to bring home a chunk of salted meat (forget if it's beef or pork) and a pudding bag. I NEED A GOOD RECIPE FOR JIGS DINNER (Brian ????).All in all, I have to say it's been my favourite Canadian destination to date (been to all Canadian provinces coast to coast).Had a blast and looking forward to returning thumbsup_anim.gifthumbsup_anim.gif

Edited to add;

Though Porter Airlines had by far the best price, they don't fly direct. Even though we were the originating flight, never had to de-plane and short 15 minute stops, we flew via Ottawa, Montreal and Halifax to St. Johns. Left me with one numb :asshat: Next time, direct flight regardless of cost.

Edited by pikeslayer

Cool video. Okay, what is that thing in the water (looks like a hand) and what's with he bleeding forehead?????

Playtex glove in Dildo Harbour (not joking) Joey. Don't want to know what it was used/needed for :sarcasm: the bleeding came as a result of the ex's hubby daring rock climbing. I saved his life BTW :whistling::whistling:

CANADA BEGINS HERE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :canadian::clapping:

Great shots Simon. Did ya get a feed of chips and dressing?

How did you like the fine knife work? They clean fish like no others.

THEY CLOSED THE LIQUOR STORES

Should of asked for the nearest shiner. :whistling:

I NEED A GOOD RECIPE FOR JIGS DINNER (Brian ????)

There aint no RECIPE. I would be honored to come on down,and do one for ya bud.

As for the pudd,n bag,thats one thing I never got from my nan. She made the best mollases pudd,n. Smothered in salty brown gray. Ok Im droooooling now. Peas pudd,n is a great treat on the plate. That I can make.

I am very glad,you experinced a great trip Simon. I told ya they were the salt of the earth.

B

I agree 100%, it's a great place. I was there 2 days after the Big Blow.

I found your video interesting, no need to make one of my own. Hahaha

I was in most of the same places and took the same pictures. Signal Hill, Petty Harbour, Cape Spear...

Did you try any Partridge Berry's or go to Cape Race?

I'll attach a picture of sunrise at Cape Spear.

Sunrise.jpg

Sunrise Cape Spear.jpg

Cape Race road.jpg

Edited by nofish4me

Nice.

Took the family (5 of us) and van about 8 yrs ago. Spent $700 on the ferry there and back.

Tried for Atlantics on the Humber River. Barbless flies only and foreigners need to hire a guide.

No fish but a good time. Gotta go back to get skreeched in.

CANADA BEGINS HERE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :canadian::clapping:

There aint no RECIPE. I would be honored to come on down,and do one for ya bud.

I am very glad,you experinced a great trip Simon. I told ya they were the salt of the earth.

B

Pretty sure you know my neighbourhood Brian. One of your old go to's is just around the corner :whistling:

Yep, salt of the earth just about covers it :thumbsup_anim:

Pikeslayer, when you were in Portugal Cove, did you have the best fish and chips, ever, at the By The Beach.

I took this picture from the deck at By The Beach, I think. Hahaha

They don't serve Pinot Grigio there :wallbash:

If he had taken the ferry accross to the Bell,he would of had the best at Dicks. :thumbsup_anim:

We were supposed to meet Susanna & Gerald on the Bell but someone passed away and the funeral was the day of our visit. I was game to attend the wake but 'you know who' nixed it.

Simon,if you buy a small bucket of Navel beef,make sure it,s the one with the red lettering with the NFLD iland onit. There are others,but they have salt pellets in them and makes the meat way to @#$@#@$ salty. Garbage.

The one I speak of,the meat is in a brine only.

naval+beef+1.jpg

Edited by Misfish