Cllimate Change Study Says Fish Will Get Smaller

craigdritchie

A new study on climate change says that fish will begin to grow smaller by 2050.

William Cheung, at the University of British Columbia, predicts that changes in the climate will continue to warm the world’s oceans. Fish will adapt by getting smaller.

I doubt I will still be fishing by 2050, but it's interesting reading in any case. Click here for the full report.

Screw him and his report! I like my fish bigger and bigger! :P

Hopefully the freshwater fish in Canada are an exception, I'll be happy if climate change makes our bass grow like Florida largemouth! I'll also give up ice fishing for a year round softwater season as well!

Screw him and his report! I like my fish bigger and bigger! :P

Hopefully the freshwater fish in Canada are an exception, I'll be happy if climate change makes our bass grow like Florida largemouth! I'll also give up ice fishing for a year round softwater season as well!

Ban outboards I need ice

All joking aside

Not sure about the size thing

But this summer's heat and drought taught many, many, many anglers that typical summer patterns were changed

could be a permanent thing soon

One thing I'm worried about is the low water I've seen everywhere combined with more weeds than I've ever seen If we get an early ice and it stays all winter. Could have some serious winterkill this year

It's not climate change that makes fish smaller. Fish are getting smaller due to fishing pressure, diminishing water quality, invasive species and general decline in genetics.

I could explain further but it would take days of writing.