Fishing in Otonabee This Week

pacman98

Any advice for me? I am staying near Bensfort Bridge on the Otonabee until Friday. We have a 8hp 14 ft boat, goes slow....cannot travel too far. Looking for any tips where the eyes are hiding this time of year and what draws their hunger. Any help is much appreciated.

Jeff

Look for fallen trees that are submerged, bank side. Get right in there and drop a jig and worm between the branches... you'll have to weed out the WGSP and such, but you will get Pickereyes hiding in the fallen trees, using them as current breaks and ambush sites.

HH

Tried the black Mepps #4 with worm on 10lb test and no leader, finally landed a fish big enough to net. A 30" muskie who fought very well for its size. Caught downstream of the bridge at the first swamp on the north side of the river.

Does anyone have luck fishing the bridge at this time of year?

Agree with Garnet, stay on the break of the channel and keep your bait slow and near bottom. Not sure how far you are from the mouth, but I have done extremely well there drifting Lindy rigs with a floating jig head and minnow/worm. Good numbers of walters will be staging off the mouth around this time of year.

Not sure how far you are from the mouth, but I have done extremely well there drifting Lindy rigs with a floating jig head and minnow/worm. Good numbers of walters will be staging off the mouth around this time of year.

Very truen... however he's nowhere near the mouth, being up that far.

Still no walleyes! However...

I did catch a 45" Musky, weighed in at 25lbs in the same area as the last one. The homeowner along the river has been trying to land this for weeks. No picture, again. Seems you need a camera and someone else to take the picture.

Still no walleyes! However...

I did catch a 45" Musky, weighed in at 25lbs in the same area as the last one. The homeowner along the river has been trying to land this for weeks. No picture, again. Seems you need a camera and someone else to take the picture.

Didnt happen if no pics.

lol JK. what did you catch the ski on? i caught a decent one there a few weeks ago, on a hellhound

It was caught on a very large 2 oz spin bait bought in the marine/salt water big game section of Angler's Outfitters in Woodstock. Gold/Dark Brown skirt and gold shell blade. Luckily I was using my heavy rod with 50lb braid, 60lb flourocarbon leader and 80lb bearing swivel. I tried to net him, he went through the older rope net I had. No pics as I said, but there was a witness who heard all the commotion and came out of his house.

Thanks for the replies.