Weekend Bass Fishing Report

MCTFisher9120

Hey OFC, been a long time since I've posted a report but here it goes. I went back north of Kingston to my favourite lakes for a vacation with my family. We rented a small cottage on the lake and it was great. Friday was a rainy start to the trip but it did stop raining later in the evening. Fishing was slow for me to say the least. I was there from Friday afternoon to Monday morning, got out twice a day and had a great trip.

Here are some pictures from the trip, here is a picture of a double header my brother and I had.

DSCF7655.jpg

Catching a small bass working shoreline.

DSCF7681.jpg

Another one but on a senko

DSCF7909.jpg

Here is a cool picture my mom got while I caught a chunky bass working edges with plastics.

DSCF7357.jpg

And the fish :)

DSCF7360.jpg

The next two pictures are of my brother and the other is my uncle who I visited while down for the weekend. My brother caught this bass as the first fish of the trip. Let's say, he beat his brother at his own game and he made sure he knew he was in the lead :P

DSCF3298.jpg

Later in the day my uncle and I got out for a few hours, here is a picture of a nice Pike he caught bring a frog across pads across the channel

DSCF3306.jpg

Nice chunky fish I nailed on isolated pads

DSCF3305.jpg

Big bass of the trip

DSCF3313-2.jpg

The next morning was very cold so I fished slow with tubes and senkos mostly. It was honestly a 1 bite morning with my brother for the 2hrs we were out before breakfast and this great bass hit, great fight a mile out.

DSCF3311.jpg

Another skinny Pike I caught by surprise

DSCF7950.jpg

Last fish of the trip, caught it off the bank the evening before we left

DSCF3325.jpg

Thanks for looking everybody, might be back for a weekend in 2 or 3 weeks.

MTBF

Edited by MikeTheBassFisher

The slop is pretty but didn't produce many fish for the weekend, fish came from the edges and pads mostly...some off shore fishing with tubes too but August is the time for the topwater bite in the slop there. The "black" water is actually quite clear but due to the deep drops and dark bottom is makes every where look so darn "fishy".

Thanks for the reply's guys.