My PB salmon + need some photo editing

ch312

caught this one chuckin spoons off a pier on lake o. he put up one heck of a fight and was apparently back to normal as he took off after a couple minutes in the net. i haven't a clue how much he weighed, but that's a size 13 insulated rubber boot for scale.

i'm hoping someone can fix the fish eye view and make the picture look normal so we can actually see it. this was my first time using the gopro as a still camera and i think it may be the last.

salmon_zps20243a88.jpg

my spoon got hung up on bottom and when it popped loose i got a double header! :thumbsup_anim:

2gobies_zpsfb4182d9.jpg

There is no way to eliminate the fish eye effect on the stock camera (it happens at any resolution,), its actually a big selling feature for some people!

There are some things that can be done later on computer, but I'm not sure it would help a whole lot with this image since the fish is in motion, it will be a bit out of focus either way.

Nice fish, and there is no way to change anything for pictures,

Best way is to use the mount that it came with the flat black piece of plastic set your go pro to it, set it on the ground set the picture mode to a picture every second and hold the fish up to it pretty damn close, you can get 30+ pictures of the fish in under a minute then you can pick and choose what you want and there will 100% be a decent picture once you take about 30 or more.

gopro is a great still camera just gotta get to know how to use it + take lots of pictures one(set it to 1 every second) of them will turn out good

thanks for the help guys. i've used it quite a bit on the ATV and boat and have always been impressed by the video, but i guess i chose the wrong time to use it as a still camera for the first time. i'll be looking into correcting this issue. i didn't have much time to screw around with the camera as i netted the fish, the lure fell out, and i got it back in the water asap. then, i took it out for a couple seconds to snap this one pic. ugly or not, this feesh wasn't dying on my watch ;)

i haven't caught many fish this size, but it had to be more than 12-13lbs? that boot (the rubber one :P) is exactly 13.5" long and it only reaches from the end of the fish to just behind the gill plate. after looking at the pic, boot, and net, i'd guess it was 36-40" and at least 20 lbs. it dwarfed the 28", 10 lb walleye i got a couple weeks ago and the 10 lb brown i got in the spring.

the fisheye view makes the beast look like a minnow :glare: