I love boots.

BillM

Totally understand why boots are so well loved. Caught one myself sat morn running 30 lbs and uglier than Bill's. Fresh fish. If it was open water I would of been spooled for sure. Completely under gunned even with salmon gear. Sent him back to tire himself out the preferred way.salmon.jpg

Edited by spawn

They definitely wouldn't win any beauty contests!

But they do win the hearts of MANY...I took a buddy down there last year and although he has caught 100s of fish all year long he hasnt stopped talking about that adventure...its going to probably be an annual pilgrimage going forward.... :jerry:

I would take a staging Chinnook over a Coho any time. Coho's are among the worst fighting fish out there and their only true asset is their appearance. Steelhead on the other hand are much anticipated by this angler.

There's no way you're not being sarcastic. Cohos are like steelhead with mad cow disease.

Here's a pic of a coho in case you need to be reminded of which fish they are. Perhaps you had them mistaken for another species:

cow.jpg

Edited by funfishing

I've caught hundreds of Coho's and they don't look like that. I can tell from the tongue. I am serious about Coho's, all they do is roll and give up until near the boat then they thrash. It is NOT a fight. They do fight well once they change colour about November but by that time they are stream fish for the long rod crowd.

I've caught hundreds of Coho's and they don't look like that. I can tell from the tongue. I am serious about Coho's, all they do is roll and give up until near the boat then they thrash. It is NOT a fight. They do fight well once they change colour about November but by that time they are stream fish for the long rod crowd.

I've been having an absolute BLAST with cohos the past couple weeks. This time of year, nothing beats them!

For the most part our rivers aren't wide/deep enough to give chinooks the space they need to show their power, but the smaller cohos sure put on a show. They are also more than willing to take a swung fly...which is awesome.

I've been having an absolute BLAST with cohos the past couple weeks. This time of year, nothing beats them!

For the most part our rivers aren't wide/deep enough to give chinooks the space they need to show their power, but the smaller cohos sure put on a show. They are also more than willing to take a swung fly...which is awesome.

Nice fish Bill, one of my favorite ways to fish right there.

Kemper like the idea of getting a coho on a swung fly. I just finally learned spey casting on the weekend that would be an excellent use of my new skills :)

Actually have to eat a little crow this morning as I got a big Coho this AM and it fought really well with several jumps of 6 feet in the air. I thought it must be one of those elusive Atlantics that CRAA claims are out there because it fought so well. She still ended the fight wrapped up like a mummy and needed to be cut out of my line but it was probably the best fish I have caught this year. So now 1 Coho in hundreds that fought well. Not sure that's really any sort of positive endorsement but there you have it.