Mantracker NF

chris.brock

when I heard the original tracker (Terry Grant) was leaving the show, I thought Curtis would be the best replacement. I like the new guy though. I thought they might choose a "Hollywood", don't really know anything, try to emulate Terry, guy, but the new guy's good.

any other opinions?

I haven't seen the new guy yet. Gunna have to try that out.

Terry was just an all-round good guy. Great sense of humour. Now I'm curious to see what the new guy is like.

yeah, Terry was great, he made the show

the new guy (don't know his name?), looks like a stocky, neanderthal, but with a high, squeeky voice,

he doesn't mind grabbing his rope, jumping off the horse, and running after prey when the bush gets thick, unlike Terry

I think this show is pretty fake like all the guy has to do is looking the camera guys following the two people.

there was an old Mantracker post on this site, a guy from North Bay (I think?) had some inside information, I think he said the prey camera guy is some super-athlete who doesn't affect the prey, and there are some scenes that are shot after the race

they actually do the man hunt and see how it plays out then they act out what happened when they film. so its reality but fake.

Apparently they do the hunt without cameras then go back days later and recreate the chase highlights for a show.

If they had camera crews following around then there would be no ability to hide. The show has many dubious aspects still though.

Survivorman (Les Stroud) is the real deal. He really goes out for a week alone and fights the elements and eats bugs etc... to survive.

In the works for the future....the new Mantracker lasts a couple of seasons before the shine wears off and the producers introduce a new female tracker. Terry and the new male tracker then have a round robin "tracker off" series to determine who hooks up with the female tracker.

The show abruptly loses most of its viewership, as anyone who has watched any amount of television knows, whenever personal relationships surface in a television series, it is the death knell for that program.