Quickie deer sausage recipie?

Dara

I have just ended up with a couple of unexpected deer and would like a quick sausage recipie.

I have to finish cutting these in the next couple of days.

SWMBO does not want them in the fridge forever :blahblah1::wallbash:

If anybody has the portions of fat to pork to deer I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Thankyou but I'm looking for more of a breakfast sausage type thing.

I just have a baby hand grinder for now and not a lot of time or places to hang that sausage.

You know, with the proper size bolt (threaded rod 3/8" I believe) you can easily convert your hand grinder to an electric drill grinder....

The last time I did up sausage, we went with a 60-30 mixture. However, we used cheap cut fatty pork butt roast instead of straight pork fat. Substitute 50% of water added with 50% stewing tomatoes as well. Instead of makeing sausage links, we made patties.

Cheers, Ron...

Edited by Ron

if your going to grind n stuff 2 deer and some pork by hand,to make sausages, you best book a month off of work..lol Your going to need a good industrial grinder and a decent sausage stuffer.

Yeah what he said , even with 2 small deer you are looking at over 150 pounds with pork addedd , maybe over 200. Fooled around with smaller quantities on our own, but 1 time we have that amount and went commercial, can't begin to imagine doing that amount on my own with small hand tools.

Dara,

I don't have the recipe per say, but the ones we use to make (friends recipe - deer sausage) would put equal parts of mince pork to equal parts of mince deer...

The last few years, I get pepperettes done at a local butcher shop... same measurements for the guys recipe, equal parts of pork to equal parts of deer meat.

Tjunkie