Nipigon Brookies

Dozer

A few months back I posted a few questions about a trip to head out to Gaspe for Atlantics, getting the real scoop about the fish out there we opted out. There were a few members who recommended Nipigon for Brookies. I'm glad we decided to head out. Special thanks to DundasSteelHeader from this forum for answering the many questions I had. We will be back Nipigon.

DSC00933.jpg

IMG_2829.jpg

DSC00907.jpg

DSC00886.jpg

DSC00917.jpg

IMG_2811.jpg

Most of the brookies came on float fishing tiny worm harness with 2 - 3 blades and raising the float up every 5 feet in the drift to get the blades spinning.

Thanks again OFC :)

Kudos to the guy who ownes the sliding rings handle club. :D:thumbsup_anim:

Love the water falls shot.

Nice fish.

Most of the brookies came on float fishing tiny worm harness with 2 - 3 blades and raising the float up every 5 feet in the drift to get the blades spinning.

Can you explain more about this method? Thanks

Well, we would just float the worm harness under a float and every 5 - 10 feet it would drift, we would lift up rods to pull the float up and in doing so, would lift the worm harness up engaging the little spinner baits, not sure if I'm explaining this well, I'm exhausted right now. Only reason we had it under the float is because after loosing 200+ bucks worth of lures, the float prevented 'em from hitting the bottom and snagging up on stumps and rocks. The fish absolutely LOVED the flash of hardware.

Nice fish, and interesting presentation. In 30 years of fishing for Nip Specks, I've never used any type of organic bait. Only artificials. When casting and trolling artificials, I sometimes go an entire weekend without losing a lure. Crank baits and jigs are my choice. When the Specks are on you can catch them on anything. When they're off, you can't catch one if your life depended on it.

Awesome report, I will have to trade some notes with you before I head up that way in October.

Had no plans to go to Thunder Bay but there was a seat sale so the whole family is heading up there and while my wife visits her sister, my brother inlaw and I plan to fish.