Slipfloat, dropshot dock walleye

captpierre

Going to spend a week at the cottage.

I have a weedbed about 10 ft out from my dock.

At 30 ft out, it stops and there is about 15-20ft deep water

I bought some glow in the dark slip floats and I was going to try some slammers or Gulp dropshotting just beyond the weedbed after dark from the dock.

Will this work? Anybody try it?

peter

One of my go to techniques now up north. If I can see them on the graph on distinct structure and the bite is slow, out comes the slip bobber.

Rig a whole dew worm nose hooked on a 1/8 oz jig head and get it about a foot off the bottom. The biggest problem you might have is getting the bobber stop smoothly through the guides on a 7ft rod when casting. I run a 9 ft rod and change over to the dacron stops you get in the Lindy float packs. They travel through the guides a bit better than the rubber beads

Northland tackle makes a short shank bait jig head that is perfect for this presentation.

I dock fish for walleye all the time at my cottage! Similar layout to yours, 7 ft weedbed about 15 feet out. The eyes come in to feed at night.

I have a thrill lighted bobber that I use, set the depth to 5 ft, and put on either a leech, minnow, or worm. I had the most luck on a big fat leech last time. I have some pics as proof of what it can do on my laptop but don't know how to post. I also had very good luck casting a floating original rapala. I got a 16" and lost an even larger one in one night doing that as well as numerous 12-14".

One of my go to techniques now up north. If I can see them on the graph on distinct structure and the bite is slow, out comes the slip bobber.

Rig a whole dew worm nose hooked on a 1/8 oz jig head and get it about a foot off the bottom. The biggest problem you might have is getting the bobber stop smoothly through the guides on a 7ft rod when casting. I run a 9 ft rod and change over to the dacron stops you get in the Lindy float packs. They travel through the guides a bit better than the rubber beads

Northland tackle makes a short shank bait jig head that is perfect for this presentation.

Hey Fang, learn to tie a nail knot, I have a "tie-fast" knot tyer that I bought on-line. Being able to tie the nail knot directly to your line , makes life very easy!!thumbsup_anim.gif