KESAGAMI'S Bage Pike Breakdown.

Moosebunk

Always a delight to read your reports Drew :thumbsup_anim: Felt like I was tagging along B) and enjoyed the pics :thumbsup_anim: You guys got into some sweet gold and oversize bage pike like you call'em :lol:

Thanks for taking the time to share your trip with us!!!

Tight lines

TJunkie

wow

that is great

feel free to pencil me in for the next trip..........lol

Wayne will be happy to see all those naden boats in that report.....

X2, or we do our own trip Terry. lol.

I've always enjoyed fishing out of those Naden boats.

Great report as always Bunk! Great fishing and scenery, awesome to see the Caribou. B) You guys should try to plan your meals a bit more and you might eat better. :sarcasm: Just drooling over those meal shots, food looks awesome!

You guys should try to plan your meals a bit more and you might eat better. :sarcasm: Just drooling over those meal shots, food looks awesome!

Was going to cut and paste the meal plan but I guess I didn't save it. :blush:

On the fly-ins it helps to first make up an entire menu for the number of guys going. Count out everything you'll need (or think you'll need), ie, potatoes, slices of bread, eggs, etc... and this will form a shopping list exact to what will feed everyone really well for the week. When weight on a plane is limited and at cost, you take what you need. Our overweights are usually because of beer/booze which most guys don't mind paying a dollar a pound for. B) Pym last year we came out with some extra drink crystals, peanut butter and coughed up some eggs. This year we came out with a little extra sugar and half a jar of jam. Of course there's things like Ziplocs, tinfoil, spices, TP and paper towels you leave or pack out, but as far as food goes, it's entirely finished and seemingly always has been, on departure day. Historically no one has complained about the menu... even the cheesecakes have made it into the rotation. :good: I have never been one to mind doing the shopping then bulk of the food prep and cooking for the groups. It's easiest for all we find, and kinda has to be that way because you created the plan and how much to use of what foods each day, so because of that involvement it makes the food last the week. It's a challenge that has become refined with each trip, and the guys when packing their own things have always been great to respect a lesser personal weight to take, to ensure that we all combine extra pounds to include all our groceries.

Everything from the food, to the tackle, to researching the fishing, species and fisheries, preparing and talking it over for weeks and months with the friends going, the trip experience itself, the pictures, reports, and now the new fun of added videos, IS THE WHOLE EXPERIENCE of such trips. Has been that way for a long time now too. The reports for me, are the best way to capture things for all, review, and lock into my personal memory my own honest depiction of the trip. It isn't just the effort of the actual trip and report alone, but all the other things you've done for yourself and with those others involved that make these kinds of experiences worth remembering and sharing proudly. And usually, one great experience shared leads to another to come. Gotta love fishing, the lessons it teaches and the places it takes us.