Trout and walleye

limeyangler

Hi all,

Got out for some lakers and got our limit quick enough to try and limit out for walleye in the same afternoon.

We have a new 78s gps to play with so we decided to try and get into a real backwoods trout lake, but the recent rain had a river flowing where the trail should be.

So we headed back to a lake I have only ever fished on the ice.

We straight jig trout with 3/8Oz jigs and minnows...same set up we use for mostly everything up here. Trout were in 65' to 75' FOW, some on bottom some suspended as high as 20'FOW. Despite the wind Cliff did an awesome job back trolling and we could watch our jigs on the fishfinder as the trout came up to smack the bait. Basically we trolled around until we saw a fish arch on the screen, flick into reverse, send down the jigs and watch the arch turn into a line heading to meet your jig! Lead core....downriggers.....?? Give me a jig, minnow and a fishfinder any day of the week.

After only about an hour Cliff had a 32" and 23" and I had a 30" and 25". I don’t usually keep large fish but I have someone plumbing my en suite for me and they swap labour for trout...good deal if you ask me! Anyway with a limit in no time at all we thought we'd go to get some walleye. Having been foiled by the elements in our attempt to fish a new lake in the morning, we decided to try the nearest available lake and see if it held walleye for a limit of those too. Just so happened we were near a culvert by the side of the highway that we always said we wanted to see where the creek led. So we packed up, threw the boat down the side of HWY 17 and off we went.

The lake was teaming with fish, but all small....we shall return.

All in all a great day with some awesome trout and feed of walleye....NWO at its best I think.

Sorry, video contains a few swears

parental-advisory-explicit-lyrics.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ghtEjDqDXKc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FIRST DESTINATION WAS A WASHOUT..........LITERALLY!

IMG_2466.jpg

2ND VENUE REALLY PRODUCED

IMG_2471.jpg

IMG_2478.jpg

FOR WALLEYE WE HEADED DOWN A CREEK INTO THE UNKNOWN BUT DID GOOD FOR EATER SIZE

IMG_2488.jpg

IMG_2487.jpg

IMG_2504.jpg

NICE RED MEAT ON THE TROUT

IMG_2509.jpg

A FEW EXTRA INCHES FOR TEAM 5

IMG_2505.jpg