Muskie guide for Sioux Narrows LOTW

Lunkerhunter

hey everyone,

i was hoping to get some suggestions for muskie guides on sioux narrows on Lake of the Woods. i am heading up there at the end of august and want to book a guide for a day.

also any other tips or advise is always appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Ben Beattie and Jay Hamilton are both members here.....other names that come to mind are Gord Pyzer and Jeff Gustaffson(not sure if they still guide tho).

The other name that pops to mind when thinking "guide + Northern Ontario" is Tyler Dunn, TDunn on the board....but I think he's more of a SSM boy....I could be wrong.

I'd imagine that jeff Gustafson still guides BUT he does so out of the Kenora area. Sioux Narrows is a ways away. Gord Pyzer doesn't guide any longer. Check with the baitshop owner in the area, he can help you out the best. If the OFNr's up there can help that would be great.

I appreciate the kind feedback and recommendations guys.... but I'm over on Lac Seul. I've never even fished that part of LOTW so I would be of little help!

I'd take the advice to call the local sports shop and get the names of some local guides. The only guy I know of and could recommend is Dave Bennett.

http://www.davebennettoutdoors.com

Calling Ryan Marlowe at F8 Baits is another option. Although he's in Kenora, he's very well connected in the LOTW musky community.

Best of luck!

ben

thanks everyone for the feedback! and as per Ben's recommendations i have contacted Dave Bennett and am waiting to hear back from him. Ben thanks for getting back to Pete yesterday as i know he msg'd you directly.

if dave falls through i will call Ryan at Figure 8 baits and/or Jerry Schultz as per Grt1.

again everyone thank you for your input.

1 more question.....traditionally what kind of conditions should i expect end of august/early september up there. i have never been that far north. obviously i will pack gear and clothes for all conditions as i like to be prepared but i imagine it begins to cool down quite a bit by that time when you get that far north.

cant wait to bag a few beasts!!

cheers guys

That time of year weather can be anything from warm summery conditions to cool/wet/windy. Pack for both! Usually though it's still pretty nice... morning will probably be crisp.

Good luck and I'm looking forward to seeing your report when you get back.

thanks everyone for the feedback! and as per Ben's recommendations i have contacted Dave Bennett and am waiting to hear back from him. Ben thanks for getting back to Pete yesterday as i know he msg'd you directly.

if dave falls through i will call Ryan at Figure 8 baits and/or Jerry Schultz as per Grt1.

again everyone thank you for your input.

1 more question.....traditionally what kind of conditions should i expect end of august/early september up there. i have never been that far north. obviously i will pack gear and clothes for all conditions as i like to be prepared but i imagine it begins to cool down quite a bit by that time when you get that far north.

cant wait to bag a few beasts!!

cheers guys

It's been a very hot, dry year in this area. Typically that time of year the mornings will be very crisp, but hot in the afternoons. But with the lack of rain, I'd be prepared to fish wet, and wet/cold.

The water temps are also the highest I remember, so you might actually be coming this way at the right time. Of course it can go either way, but I'm predicting a very active end of summer/early fall for all species.

If ya come through Emo, drop me a pm for a quick coffee thumbsup_anim.gif

Oh, and Gussy is sitting in 3rd right now in the Fort Frances Bass Championship, if he has a good day tomorrow and gets a good kicker, I'd assume he'll still be partying it up in late August, lol sarcasm.gif

Edited by manitoubass2