Google Ads at top of page

Zib

Has anyone noticed the ads in the Google banner? One of the ads has an ad for www.fishinghurts.com. This site is run by P.E.T.A. & they are against fishing.

One of my other fishing sites had this same ad in the banner & the admin was able to block the ad from appearing. If the admin on this board can block that site please do so.

google ads are based on the words on the website, so if you put fish in the subject line expect ads pertaining to fishing or fish....which could include fishinghurts and I don't think there is much anyone could do about it..

but we will see what the mods say

I read the fishinghurts website a while back. Interesting perspective.

Apparently bass are so smart, I'm kinda getting worried I might be competing with smallmouth in the job market sometime soon. Apparently they will work for a lot cheaper than a human and office space under water is a lot cheaper for companies.

The people here are pretty hard core a lot more so than me. I doubt we are going to lose any members to P.E.T.A here. Or any sleep over it for that matter!!!

I believe vegetarians should be eaten!!

Edited by mrdylan

Since you mentioned it, I believe full on vegans - no meat, no animal by-products, not leather, etc. are the ONLY people on the planet that can comment on hunting and fishing. The are welcome to their opinions and I'm welcome to ignore them.

The people that make me nuts are the ones that eat chicken & fish, etc. but take some kind of offense when someone wants to go and get their own. Just because you didn't kill the chicken personally does not make you morally superior to the ones that do. In fact, in many cases it might be quite the opposite.

And P3TA, love them or hate them, have had some successes in industries that are outright and unecessarily cruel to animals which can't be a totally bad thing.

Oh, and sorry for hijacking the thread.

Since you mentioned it, I believe full on vegans - no meat, no animal by-products, not leather, etc. are the ONLY people on the planet that can comment on hunting and fishing. The are welcome to their opinions and I'm welcome to ignore them.

Ever seen what those people look like? NOT healthy not at all I have met a few now and they might as well be anorexic. I do agree they are really the only ones who can rightfully harp.

They don't even drink milk??!!??