Erie perching with Big Dave

icefisherman

Long planned trip aboard Dave's perch destroyer came to reality this morning as me, my boys and my neighbor and his daughter started fishing around 8:30am...by Noon we had 300 in the HUGE cooler Dave uses...and that thing is huge...non stop action all the time...kids got tired few times took brakes and kept going after the breaks...I got super tired baiting and releasing two rods...Big Dave was very gracious teaching my neighbor's daughter the ropes of perch fishing all morning...and they were doing great together as you'll see from the shots bellow[:D] My neighbor couldn't believe his eyes what fantastic fishery there is down there...And I was the happiest just watching all the smiles and enjoying the jokes shared...top notch day for sure....now...problem started when we got home...solid 5 hrs cleaning perch ...had enough fish cleaning for this year for sure...take more time to clean them than to catch them[:0]There were 5-6 x 13.5 - 14 inchers, over 50 x 13 inchers lots of 10-12" and few 9" fish...very solid size for sure. Have to weight all the fillets but easy 50-60 lbs between 5 of us plus the ones Dave got...lets just say there will be lot of beer used with all this perch ha ha ha[8D]

So thanks go to Big Dave big time. Guys were asking about going perching with him...all I can tell you is fishing in general doesn't get much better than that and perching definitely is the best there is....can't go wrong...nice big new and very fast boat, lots of space....nice guy to guide those who need it...what else can one ask for....so those on the fence ...go for it...you'll be happy you did.

Now to the pictures:

Some hogs were caught by all but mainly by the kids:

Probably 100 of double headers...

WP_000263.jpg

Big Dave teaching the lady:

WP_000264.jpg

My neighbor:

WP_000275.jpg

Jordan in action. He got the biggest fish today. Nice 14" pig. :

WP_000271.jpg

WP_000272.jpg

Alex' learning fast too:

WP_000269.jpg

And helping the girl:

WP_000276.jpg

Now here is Big Dave himself. The Pro getting his hooks baited by the lady on board:

WP_000274.jpg

Some crazy guys....7 of them in a 18 foot boat:

WP_000273.jpg

The famous cooler:

WP_000277.jpg

The total:

WP_000280.jpg

Some "average" perch[:P]:

WP_000284.jpg

Jordan biggest one and the next closest:

WP_000285.jpg

Hope you've enjoyed the shots as much as we've enjoied our day.[:)]

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Nice haul for day!

I hope Dave has a washdown hose for that mess. Dont even think about doing that in my boat lol

He sure did Brian. Same as the one on your boat. You actually can see part of the hose on one of the last pictures.

Not to worry, we'll only do that with walleye on your new boat :rolleyes: Just pick the day :Gonefishing:

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Nice catch.....that's why they say Lake Erie has more fish then all the other Great Lakes combined..... :)

Believe it :thumbsup_anim: the think tank that sets the quotas for Erie has put the allowable harvest for sport and commercial perch at 13.6 million pounds, are you getting your share? :sarcasm:

http://www.chathamdailynews.ca/2012/04/02/ministry-ups-fish-quotas

Edited by dave524