gloucster pool

workwear

hey guys was wondering if anyone can give me some info.....might be goin up staurday with my son to fish the pool....was wondering where to launch....if there is any public launches...mainly targeting bass...any honey holes greatly appreciated :whistling:

thanks pete

I launched out of Coldwater, (Black Lake). Go through the stump mines and into Gloucster Pool. Fishing is great. So great that if you don't catch a muskie within the first 37 seconds of casting, you must be in the wrong spot!

GlousterPool.jpg

This was the only time I have fished this lake and seriously, I pulled up to a spot that looked like it had potential. First cast with a twitch/slash bait, third pull and that is what I was rewarded with. A good number of Pike as well as Bass can be caught. Not difficult to find your preferred structure to fish.

I launched out of Coldwater, (Black Lake). Go through the stump mines and into Gloucster Pool. Fishing is great. So great that if you don't catch a muskie within the first 37 seconds of casting, you must be in the wrong spot!

GlousterPool.jpg

This was the only time I have fished this lake and seriously, I pulled up to a spot that looked like it had potential. First cast with a twitch/slash bait, third pull and that is what I was rewarded with. A good number of Pike as well as Bass can be caught. Not difficult to find your preferred structure to fish.

Nice Ski!, I am also headed back to the pool, never had any problem with bass-few reports on here.., but have come up short on pike and muskie, what kind of structure in gloucester pool will hold good pike and maybe a muskie this time of year? are they deep? shallow?-skdds

Nice Ski!, I am also headed back to the pool, never had any problem with bass-few reports on here.., but have come up short on pike and muskie, what kind of structure in gloucester pool will hold good pike and maybe a muskie this time of year? are they deep? shallow?-skdds

Fish the deeper weed edges 10-20ft, you'll have no problems finding pike.

I put one in the boat last weekend around 36inches. No monster by any means but a nice fish for that lake.

hey guys was wondering if anyone can give me some info.....might be goin up staurday with my son to fish the pool....was wondering where to launch....if there is any public launches...mainly targeting bass...any honey holes greatly appreciated whistling.gif

thanks pete

Check your messages and bring your GPS.

STAD wink.gif

Fish the deeper weed edges 10-20ft, you'll have no problems finding pike.

I put one in the boat last weekend around 36inches. No monster by any means but a nice fish for that lake.

thanks! will give it try-skdds

• 2 weeks later...

Back from Gloucester Pool... Thanks to the advice on this thread I nailed this nice pike! right along the weedlines. The pool also gave up some great smallmouth bass-got them on my usual spinner rigs and drop shots,but also slip bobbers-a new technique for me that worked well and was a lot of fun. All on plastics, no live bait this year. My wife caught her first "nice" bass-light line and rod so she had a great fight! lots of fun for me and the kids to watch the action. Water temps were really warm (81degrees!) A few guys I spoke to did really well for largemouth with topwaters.

Highlight of the the week? Also nailed my first musky while trolling for more pike....took all the advice from you guys-good rod and reel, 80lb test braid and strong leader-had the incidentals as well if needed. Got the fish to the side of the boat but unfortunately did not land it as I was alone and could not get it into the net safely. It was a good size though, hard fight-felt like I was trying to bring up an SUV from the bottom of the lake. The fish broke the hook itself and then swam off with lots of energy--a good release I guess!

If you have not fished the pool you should check it out, a beautiful shield lake, lots of structure, not far from T.O (1.5hours) and not too much boat traffic..during the week that is. -skdds

IMG_0677.JPGDSCN7479.JPG

I was on the G-Pool last weekend as well for the first time.

Like others have mentioned earlier in this thread. Possibly one of the most pressured lakes I personally have ever fished my in my entire life. Every "fishy" spot that I pulled up to had at least 1, sometime 2 or 3 other boats fishing there. Keep in mind there was a Jr bass tournament last weekend, but there was only 10 boats entered. I must have seen easily 100 other fisherman on the lake that day.

Fishing was great for the first 2 hours of the day, then it died down when it got really hot out.

Edited by N.A.W

I was on the G-Pool last weekend as well for the first time.

Like others have mentioned earlier in this thread. Possibly one of the most pressured lakes I personally have ever fished my in my entire life. Every "fishy" spot that I pulled up to had at least 1, sometime 2 or 3 other boats fishing there. Keep in mind there was a Jr bass tournament last weekend, but there was only 10 boats entered. I must have seen easily 100 other fisherman on the lake that day.

Fishing was great for the first 2 hours of the day, then it died down when it got really hot out.

I did not have that problem during the weekdays, weekends? different story, very busy but not anglers..

I've stopped fishing during the weekends unless I'm fishing salmon.. Way to much fishing pressure and boating/jetski'ing going on for me.. I'll stick to weekday evenings..

Glad you got into some fish!