An Observation

HTHM

Shouldn't you be in your parents basement playing video games and texting your friends? What kind of example are you to your buddies?..... :sarcasm:

Keep fishing and get some of your friends hooked as well...It will keep you out of trouble(maybe)...lol

Every year we bring a big group of kids from the inner city of Hamilton to Binbrook to introduce them to fishing and thanks to fishing world we provide them with a rod and tackle to go home with. Even if only a couple of them get hooked on fishing then we have done what we set out to do.....Better your parents are ticked at you for coming home late( "one more cast" )than the alternative...

Shouldn't you be in your parents basement playing video games and texting your friends? What kind of example are you to your buddies?..... :sarcasm:

Keep fishing and get some of your friends hooked as well...It will keep you out of trouble(maybe)...lol

Every year we bring a big group of kids from the inner city of Hamilton to Binbrook to introduce them to fishing and thanks to fishing world we provide them with a rod and tackle to go home with. Even if only a couple of them get hooked on fishing then we have done what we set out to do.....Better your parents are ticked at you for coming home late( "one more cast" )than the alternative...

How about 10 more casts :whistling: . I have one friend who I'm teaching and he's doing pretty well!

One more quick question, when my dad was buying this he told me that he went for the shortest rod possible ( for travel and weight purposes) now he is asking me if I would like to stick with the 9 1/2 foot rod or exchange it for the fifteen ft, what would be your opinion?

15ft is way to big for any of the rivers around here. 13ft is a good all around length for a float setup.

A 15 ft. rod is overkill unless your fishing big rivers all the time. A 13 ft. rod in my opinion is the best overall length for a float rod. A 9'6" rod would work on small streams but the 13' rod allows you to keep more line off the water giving you a better natural presentation. If you are worried about transportation some 13 or 13'6" rods come in 3 piece configurations.