Bass Opener

Luke V.

I was planning on fishing the Quinte BassChamps event until I heard that it's a trickle start, which is a HUGE disadvantage for the higher numbers teams. They will miss out on most, if not all of the first hour.

Maybe they will change it next year to match the "BassChamps" events in the US, where everyone gets out to their spots, and waits for the "go" to start the tournament. That way, all teams get exactly the same fishing time. Which is quite important in an "hourly" event.

Instead... I'll be on pre-fishing Rice from Sat-Tuesday! :thumbsup_anim:

Kashagawigamog of course ! I'll be fishing for just about anything at this point as it will be the first weekend I will get the boat up there, after my "reno" project and finally having the new trailer and deck all set up to my standards. -and now will not have to worry about pesky OOS fish :clapping:

I'll be fishing the same north kawartha lake I've been doing the past 4 openers. Although bass has taken the back seat for me the last 2 years, I'm loosing sleep this week in anticipation of that sun rising Saturday.

My first cast will be a wacky rigged senko to a rock ledge that I know will cough up a few smallies. Then top water and spinnerbait over some weed flats then on to the pitching. Can't wait!!

It may be too late for top-water in my favourite weedy bay, but I will be in the Northeast Kawartha's with a plastic toad.

If the doesn't work out I will move on to more open shallow water.

If that doesn't work, it will be Senko time around rocks and docks...grin.

Last week on a musky hunt I had plenty of bass action on a Jerk-bait and a large spinner-bait, but I'm looking forward to using plastics, until I'm forced to change my mind.

It may be too late for top-water in my favourite weedy bay, but I will be in the Northeast Kawartha's with a plastic toad.

Last week on a musky hunt I had plenty of bass action on a Jerk-bait and a large spinner-bait, but I'm looking forward to using plastics, until I'm forced to change my mind.

Gary, think we might be on the same lake if I recall your home waters. I'll be starting out of the west. Good fishin!

Garry,there,s nothing like that tick,line screaming back to the boat when flipp,n. Missed it last year,do to complications :whistling: ,but totally stoked about this weekend.

Smallies on the menu the next coming weekends.

Long weekend ,will be my chance to wade and fly fish for bass and pike up at my pops. :thumbsup_anim:

My toads are fished very fast, like a buzz-bait...

I like the hollow body stuff too, but fish them slower, with more finesse.

Back a few years I loved Flukes, but they were a little fragile.

The solid body frog/toads are more durable and can be fished faster.

Some blow-ups are small fish just grabbing a foot, or the skirt etc. I try to stop reeling when this happens.

There is often a larger fish trailing...

If the bait goes dead in the water, or even sinks a bit, the big fish will often move up and grab the cripple.

I will probably be fishing Baby Brush Hogs, hopefully the toad bite heats up further into the evening though. Before 8am on Georgian Bay last year was a great toad bite (Chigger Toads in case anyone wondered) in a little bay I fished, reeled in just fast enough to get the legs going at a decent kick, never got one under a pound. thumbsup_anim.gif