Rice lake

iFish4real

Fish the edges of the weed beds =)

The mouth of the Otonabee and Indian Rivers should be good. Lots of isolated weed beds all over the lake to pick from as well - just look for those shallow mid-lake humps on your hydro chart. I find the SW side of the railroad tracks tends to be more productive as well.

The mouth of the Otonabee and Indian Rivers should be good. Lots of isolated weed beds all over the lake to pick from as well - just look for those shallow mid-lake humps on your hydro chart. I find the SW side of the railroad tracks tends to be more productive as well.

Thanks, much appreciated!!!

do you might happen to know a boat launch coming from 401?

tx!!!

Closest to the 401 is Bewdley. Take hwy 28 exit north about 15 mins.

Look for weedlines in 6-12 ft and throw bucktails and crankbaits. Make sure you RIP the bucktails off the bottom.

I'll be out there tomorrow as well. Pop by and say hi if you see me out there!

Closest to the 401 is Bewdley. Take hwy 28 exit north about 15 mins.

Look for weedlines in 6-12 ft and throw bucktails and crankbaits. Make sure you RIP the bucktails off the bottom.

I'll be out there tomorrow as well. Pop by and say hi if you see me out there!

Sure thing...I don't think I can catch up with you in my 14' Lund 15hp tho :P

Thanks!!!

Bewdley used to be a great place to launch. They have since changed it, and you have to park in a parking lot that is 2.3km from the launch. I don't go there anymore, even though its the closest launch to my house. I launch off the north shore, on wood duck drive.

Like said, find a weed edge, and jig, cast, or troll it, and you will get some eyes.

S.

I have no idea :P...where are they?

The rail bed runs across the lake from hiawatha to Tick Island. It is about 2 k.m. east of the mouth of the Otonabee River (great place to fish btw). Look for the Steeple on the North side - that's approximately where the tracks are. Look for the channel markers, there's some on the North, and South sides as well as a big gap im the middle.

So, I guess for the first time there we did pretty well :P caught 4 each, one over sized, trolling worm harnesses and casting buck-tails...Too bad we forgot the sun screen in the car, but...a little sun burn teaches the fisherman to always keep some in the boat :sarcasm:

casi.jpg

eugen.jpg

I'll be out there too...first time on Rice for me. I know I'll recognize Stoty's boat if I see it.....did you settle on a name, btw?

It's unofficially called "the other woman" for now! hahaha

Bewdley used to be a great place to launch. They have since changed it, and you have to park in a parking lot that is 2.3km from the launch.

Actually, if you use the Capitan's Marina launch it's literally across the road from it.