Kicker problem - help?

Sebastian

Hey guys,

I have a 2006 Yamaha 9.9 high thrust 4 stroke kicker. Ive had some weird issues going on and figure someone could help out. Ive always had a weird issue where the ball pump on the fuel line never got hard regardless of how many squeezes but the motor ran fine with that. Recently, i prime the ball and troll with the motor and everything is great.....and then the motor cuts out. I pump the ball several times and it starts no problem and runs for about 10mins and cuts out again. When in neutral, it can run continuously without dying but in gear, it seems to cut out like its no getting fuel. I changed the primer ball and it also doesnt get hard. Same problem. The motor runs off its own small gas tank. The gas is always new. The valve is open. When the motor is running, and the ball is squeezed and held, i can feel the gas travellin down the line.

Im wondering if its the fuel pump or what? Any ideas? Any yamaha service shops in the GTA?

Thanks in advance.

I fixed the kicker. Thank god for the internet. Apparently sometimes when you squeeze the ball and it doesnt get hard then it can lead to numerous problems such as motors cutting out due to fuel starvation. Some times a simple solution is holding the ball vertical when pumping. It gets hard now with 2 pumps. Ran the motor for 30mins it runs better than ever. Im glad i didnt have to purchase a new hose or fuel pump.

If its a external tank the gas cap usually has a valve on top that needs to be open when running the motor. Sounds like a pressure lock by your description.

Valve was always open when running. Problem has been fixed. Ball needs to be vertical to get hard