In line fuse

Rizzo

Put the bilge pump on in the boat, it made a quick noise and then shut off. I checked the fuse in the dashboard and it had blown. Swapped it with another in the panel, still not working (although the little green light on the dash did come on, the pump did nothing). Checked down by the battery, one of the red lines has what appears to be an inline fuse (plastic yellow capsule). I tried the old push, twist, then open for about 5 minutes in the sweltering heat...then was too sweaty to get a grip on it. Funny thing is, it would push, and twist, but wouldn't open. Any thoughts? Could this fuse even be the problem (ie why would there be 2 fuses for the same thing?).

Those fuse holders just snap together.

Get a grip on the ends and pull straight in opposite directions.

I'm assuming your fuse holder looks like this one.

If not try to describe it for me.

6_1.jpg

Edited by DRIFTER_016

not meaning to pirate this post - but I've got an in-line fuse like this for my trolling motor - I'm supposed to be using a 50-60 amp fuse - but can't find any that size at CTC - do I have to go to UAP or someplace like that ?

"why would there be 2 fuses for the same thing?"

You only need one fuse. I would make it work with one.

That's why I'm wondering if I'm barking up the wrong tree - ie that fuse is fine so don't even pull it apart. Here's a thought...gonna hook up just that red and black (there are 2 red wires and 2 blacks on the battery) and see what works!

Yes it should pull apart.

If you are fused at the panel you don't need to be fused at the pump.

You can remove the fuse assembly there al together.

Rob

If they are the large glass fuses you should be able to get a replacement at a car audio shop.

I would replace your fuse holde with a 60 amp circuit breaker though when you get a chance. ;)

not meaning to pirate this post - but I've got an in-line fuse like this for my trolling motor - I'm supposed to be using a 50-60 amp fuse - but can't find any that size at CTC - do I have to go to UAP or someplace like that ?

minn kota has a 60amp circuit breaker which is a simple solution

minn kota has a 60amp circuit breaker which is a simple solution

Ya - I saw that - but wasn 't excited about the $45 price tag !! ( I know - I have a lot invested in my trolling motor - but I can buy a lot of in line fuses for that money )

Ya - I saw that - but wasn 't excited about the $45 price tag !! ( I know - I have a lot invested in my trolling motor - but I can buy a lot of in line fuses for that money )

If its similar to the yellow one above I would be concerned that you are using too small of a wire gauge drawing 50+ amps on your terrova....

Check the manual and once you have that sorted out, Napa usually has the 12v auto or manual reset breakers in different amp ratings. They have two posts on them and around $12.

Edited by Spooled