Anyone Want To Join Me Brook Trout Fishing?

solopaddler

I don't know how you do it Solo, you don't seem to sit still for too long, I'm looking forward to the trip report when you get back. Pretty dicey adding a partner you likely won't have met before, trips like that you will be pretty well attached at the hip for 4 days or so.

I don't know how you do it Solo, you don't seem to sit still for too long, I'm looking forward to the trip report when you get back. Pretty dicey adding a partner you likely won't have met before, trips like that you will be pretty well attached at the hip for 4 days or so.

Those cold nights can be a bugger:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::dunno:

Sounds like fun for the right person Mike. I could probably hook up with you in a 3 hour drive or so (and no gas shared), but I have my own plans this weekend at a lake "that is teeming with gigantic wild brookies" in half that drive from home and a 10 foot walk in. The moon phases, which have been so, so helpful in my Brook Trout fishing, are almost perfect for us. Saturday and Sunday, new moon, good fishing, Monday best fishing. It sounds like we're both gonna miss the Monday though. I might even ditch the Brookies and fish Steelhead on Sunday. There's a cold water river nearby that will be loaded with them and chances are I won't see another soul all day.

Have fun and good luck Mike. I hope you have an awsome adventure.

I could almost go except for the fact that I am going up to Nakina for a week at the end of the month. Thanks for lining me up for that by the way.

Not a problem Doug. I'd like to speak with directly before you go.

Chris, my wife, although she knows my capabalities, is leery about me doing this trip by myself.

I'm just trying to appease her. The way I figure it anyone who might be up for a trip like this is someone I'd probably get along just fine with.

Anyhow at this point it'll probably be a solo trip as no one's expressed any interest.

Sounds like fun for the right person Mike. I could probably hook up with you in a 3 hour drive or so (and no gas shared), but I have my own plans this weekend at a lake "that is teeming with gigantic wild brookies" in half that drive from home and a 10 foot walk in. The moon phases, which have been so, so helpful in my Brook Trout fishing, are almost perfect for us. Saturday and Sunday, new moon, good fishing, Monday best fishing. It sounds like we're both gonna miss the Monday though. I might even ditch the Brookies and fish Steelhead on Sunday. There's a cold water river nearby that will be loaded with them and chances are I won't see another soul all day.

Have fun and good luck Mike. I hope you have an awsome adventure.

I sure am envious of where you live Dan. Walking 10' into a brookie lake has an attractive ring to it. :)

You have yourself a great trip too.

The way I figure it anyone who might be up for a trip like this is someone I'd probably get along just fine with.

yeah, that makes sense,

uncharted territory trips can sometimes be tough, a partner can help

I have a SPOT satellite messenger thing for a safety net, it got us out of a jam once too

Well, the position has officially been filled. :)

Even better it's my buddy Jason who lives up in Manitouwadge now. :thumbsup_anim:

What really made my night, Jason has a 4 man tent that weighs 4lb's. I was going to sleep in an ultralight hammock so this is a huge and unexpected bonus!

It will be an epic trip, can't wait. :)

Want to? For sure! Can---like the rest, afraid not. There lots of interest, Mike. Availability is what's missing.

Have fun, be safe, catch lots!

but I have my own plans this weekend at a lake "that is teeming with gigantic wild brookies" in half that drive from home and a 10 foot walk in. .

Sheesh, man, do you hafta rub it in!!wallbash.gif