Pitch a Discovery Channel show -NF-

Ice road truckers, gold mining, dangerous flights etc etc....

I'd like to see a show based on northern/small town tow truck drivers. Those guys get first view of a lot of interesting situations and you can bet that most of them have a lot of character. If only they could capture moments like "lighting up the spilled diesel fuel to clean up the environment". haha.

Any other suggestions??

1. 'Shore Bound' - fishing for the 'boatless'

2. 'Extreme Cottage Makeover' - DIY (and I wanna be first on the show :)

3. 'Pimp my boat'

5. 'Eat my lunch' - old Red fisher style shore lunch with a little 'fishin' and a little 'chowin down' and of course 'secret recipes'

Thats it for now .. but I got more :)

Actually I guess I probably got the wrong channel/network for these .. but what the hey

Edited by camillj

Fibre Optic Splicing

The "things" you see working nights in downtown Toronto.

..but seriously, I'd like to see a show about the road from being a weekend fisherman to top tournament angler.

Edited by ckrb2007

They did a show a few years ago where they took a scratch amateur golfer and they had him quit his job and focus on nothing but golfing for a year to see if he could make it. I'm thinking doing that with an amateur fisherman would be cool, mainly because I'd like to be the one selected for the show.

2. 'Extreme Cottage Makeover' - DIY (and I wanna be first on the show smile.gif

I like this idea. They'd have to edit out a lot of iced-tea breaks and patio naps though laugh.gif

Canadian Elevator

Especially if you could get footage from inside the stuck elevators. Haha.."we need to repopulate!"

The Ladies of Jarvis

A reality show about TO's nightlife!!!! whistling.gif

Don't know, don't wanna know.laugh.gif

Hell, I'd be happy if they let me review the script for "How it's Made"

So many inaccuracies wallbash.gif

The best part of that show is when the narrator grabs at skyhooks trying to come up with product-related closing puns, like "Making hand tools is a riveting experience"

A show based on door to door activities of Jeho Witnesses would also be entertaining. Maybe call it "walking a mile in my dress shoes".

I'd like to see that show of a weekend fishermans journey to professional angler, especially if it had a good blend of behind the scenes content.

I would also watch a show where they take a guy and place him in the wilderness, give him a small cabin and some tools, and film an entire year of trying to survive in the wild.

I'd like to see that show of a weekend fishermans journey to professional angler, especially if it had a good blend of behind the scenes content.

I would also watch a show where they take a guy and place him in the wilderness, give him a small cabin and some tools, and film an entire year of trying to survive in the wild.

Absolutely! As long as it didn't end like the book "into the wild"

Been done already. If you haven't seen the movie yet find it.

This dude is awesome and his craftsmanship stellar!!!

Been done already. If you haven't seen the movie yet find it.

This dude is awesome and his craftsmanship stellar!!!

I've seen that one several times Dave and he really was an amazing man in the bush. I'll watch it again every time it comes on.

Proenneke went there already a skilled outdoorsman.

I think Manitou is more looking to send a city slicker into the woods, which would be awesome!

If they are going to do that I would like to see survivor filmed on the barrens!!! :whistling:

IN WINTER!!!! :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Proenneke went there already a skilled outdoorsman.

I think Manitou is more looking to send a city slicker into the woods, which would be awesome!

Yeppers thumbsup_anim.gif

and thanks for the link to that Drifter, that was a very enjoyable watch!!!!

Edited by manitoubass2