Fishing in North Bay area

Hello all

I have spent many years up in the Marten River area fishing and my better half wants to try another lake or area nearby.

She has become a little disenchanted with the owners of the camp we regularly frequent. (another story)

My problem is that I know Marten River pretty well and can always get fish there and that keeps her happy but if I go elsewhere

and don't get her on fish fairly quick she may get a little unruly!!

Can someone suggest a Lake/Lodge that has decent cabins and boat rentals with great fishing that I can try. I am planning on booking something for the week of July 9th.

Perhaps Irishfield can pipe in here as I know he has a pretty good lay of the land up that way.

I have heard that Wicksteed Lake has a lot of Walleye but I don't know of any Lodges or cabins on the lake.

Thanks in advance

Stan

Hello all

My problem is that I know Marten River pretty well and can always get fish there and that keeps her happy but if I go elsewhere

and don't get her on fish fairly quick she may get a little unruly!!

Can someone suggest a Lake/Lodge that has decent cabins and boat rentals with great fishing that I can try. I am planning on booking something for the week of July 9th.

I have heard that Wicksteed Lake has a lot of Walleye but I don't know of any Lodges or cabins on the lake.

Thanks in advance

Stan

If you want fish, decent cabins and boat rentals try one of the many places on Lake Nosbonsing. You WILL catch fish. Pike, Perch, SM Bass, walleye, and Muskie.

Here is one but there are lots more. Birch Hill Camp

Olive lake is a good place, little expensive now, used to be a cheap place when it was Camp Richfeld. Never got skunked on Olive Lake, lots of pike, walleye and huge snallies.

Wicksteed is supposed to be good for walleye, but there is a TON of dead heads out there that will ened your day in a hurry, never fished but heard good things about it other than the dayenders.

Thanks to all of you for your replies.

Beaverland only does one week at a time, they will not do 2 or 3 day packages at all anymore, they've gotten too big for their britches.

I was looking at a lake called Red Cedar but I don't have enough info to make a decision.

It is very close to Marten River and Wicksteed, just a little South West of them.

Does anyone know the lake or any camps on it?

Red Cedar will not disappoint , classic Walleye patterns work well , Pike are in their common places and BIG ones too... You may even be lucky enough to catch the rarest fish in the Red , a Laker ! I've heard of 2 and seen one caught from the lake ....

Don't go around expecting not to hit anything with the boat .... as much as you've been cautioned about obstacles on Wick , Red Cedar is just as bad if not worse than Wick... get a hydro map and study it well .... ( it's actually the Temagami River )

You would be about 15 minutes away from your familiar haunts .

Randy

:)

Edited by Randy from Sturgeon

Red Cedar will not disappoint , classic Walleye patterns work well , Pike are in their common places and BIG ones too... You may even be lucky enough to catch the rarest fish in the Red , a Laker ! I've heard of 2 and seen one caught from the lake ....

Don't go around expecting not to hit anything with the boat .... as much as you've been cautioned about obstacles on Wick , Red Cedar is just as bad if not worse than Wick... get a hydro map and study it well .... ( it's actually the Temagami River )

You would be about 15 minutes away from your familiar haunts .

Randy

:)

Hey Randy

Thanks for the info, I will check out the lodges you suggested.

Stan