Warning! OOS Muskie picture!

There were a couple guy at one of the ramps in cooks bay last summer :whistling:Said they saw a fellow with a 50" plus muskie. Heard from a couple others into the fall as well. I would think that all the lakes to the north and south are joined by the trent/severn system,what would stop muskies from entering Simcoe if need be?

Nice to see you contributing to the worthy cause Dax. I have a lot of belief and faith in the LSMRP. This is one of the few things I miss cancelling my membership to MCI. Will this put you into the 50 inch club now? :angel:

Cheers, Ron...

I understand Ron, time to burn the candle at both ends in another worthy cause... :whistling:

Simcoe just doesn't seem like your typical muskie lake.. I hope they do catch on, but it's going to be an uphill battle.

Muskie are native to Simcoe, like the 'other' great Lakes, thats why its called a RESTORATION project, not an Introduction...

Great work , Im still not sure the money is well spent in this project , without habitant rehab ??? , but I am so happy to see you guys are useing some great genes , hope the babies of this mother can go on to grow to the same sizes or even bigger in simcoe ... Keep up the good work , its guys like you giveing up their time so guys like me can enjoy ...

OH and solo I dont know about tieing them up for steel, but spread on a cracker with some warm brie and a Snifter of some good Cognac yum yum .. lol

I am not privy to all the details, but habitat restoration has/is been part of the LSMRP.

I'm pretty sure the habitat is already in Simcoe, the fish were basically wiped out from Commercial fishing (and apparently there was a stocking program in the 70's that helped with the decline due to using Kawartha-strain Muskies instead of the Great Lakes-strain Muskies [which is why the fish are being trapnetted from "close to Georgian Bay" wink.gif]). Dax, I'm pretty sure those eggs today were intended for somewhere else, we didn't get them (I'm the summer employee in the hatchery).