Bass and a Laker

limeyangler

Hi all,

Me again...lol.

Went out for some lakers today. With the water temps hovering just above 40 degrees F i spent the first hour and a half trolling the shallows with a variety of rigs/jigs/spoons and hardbaits.....with only a pike to show for it. I then spent another hour checking out deeper water with no reward. I decided to get some relief and targeted bass on a spot i know....they were there in numbers!

Jig and minnow did the damage. They were in 14'FOW behind a windswept shaol. Man....the wind was relentless today......all i can say is that the I-pilot did its job flawlessly again....i really cant sing it's praises enough....i have not even used the track record feature....spot lock is like having a guide in the boat every trip....held me on the spot within feet of where i wanted for a whole hour in 25kmh head on winds!!! Battery was still at 80% when i got home.

Best of all was i hooked into a trout casting a jig and minnow for bass in 12'FOW...supper accomplished too! Great little session, bleedin' freezin'....did not get much above 4 Degrees C.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AXj153pKM7g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IMG_1654.jpg

IMG_1657.jpg

IMG_1666.jpg

IMG_1670.jpg

IMG_1675.jpg

Nice work! I've had trouble locating the trout, water temps the same...low 40's. Only one I found was.....next to a couple bass I caught :lol: My bass were out of season down here in the sowth....so they didn't count fer nuttin

Great, now you've got all of us drooling on our keyboards! :w00t:

Looks like a fair sized bite mark on that one. Pike?

Nope....line twited around it on the way in.

Nice work! I've had trouble locating the trout, water temps the same...low 40's. Only one I found was.....next to a couple bass I caught :lol: My bass were out of season down here in the sowth....so they didn't count fer nuttin

Yeah.....was a tough morning till i decided to break for Bass. I think the way the shoal was located/wind direction made a perfect ambush point.

Yeah...i am lucky to have a year round bass season JB...not complaining one bit.

Stacked, hungry and legal bass in the early spring? Simon, you successfully jealousized a lot of people here.clapping.gif

Certainly made my day. Great fun is smallies!

all I can say is U da MAN!! nice to have you as my team capt!.. team 5 is leading for sure...

I am counting on you to put a couple inches on our bass totals dude...i seen the bass you catch!

Awesome! The i-Pilot sounds incredible

I dont want to give anyone free advertising...but credit where dredit is due...its an awesome tool....dont let anyone tell you its a 'gimmick' or 'toy'.

That's one skinny looking spring laker Simon... but at 22 inches thereabouts, a goody! Good fishing dood.

Emaciated more like....dunno what was up with that, never the less produced two lovely fillets, one for wife one for dad......Limey Jnr...not that keen on trout.

Edited by limeyangler

Good job in switching to plan B Simon :thumbsup_anim: Looks like the bass were stacked up in that 14FOW B) Bronzeback are a riot to catch on a jig :thumbsup_anim:B)

I see that it was windy and cold up your way :o Had the same over here yesterday without the sun poking thru :blink: At least there was no ice on the lakes I targeted :)

Again good job :good: and thanks for sharing!

Jacques

Good job in switching to plan B Simon :thumbsup_anim: Looks like the bass were stacked up in that 14FOW B) Bronzeback are a riot to catch on a jig :thumbsup_anim:B)

I see that it was windy and cold up your way :o Had the same over here yesterday without the sun poking thru :blink: At least there was no ice on the lakes I targeted :)

Again good job :good: and thanks for sharing!

Jacques

Thanks Jacques.....sorry dude....finding it hard not to say 'Leechy'. I really gave myself a hard time for not being able to stick at the trolling till i found them....but i quit beating myself up after the first bass.....lol. My trout was skinny as a supermodel though...a bit like the one you got there the other day too, weird.

You live in heaven Simonclapping.gif Tclapping.gif thanks for the pics and vid.

Paul

Cheers Paul, you mention heaven....lol....well i aint quite there yet....hopefully thats where i am heading though...hehehe :devil:

Enjoyed that Simon thanks for the video.despite the water temps the footballs were fisety.

Enjoy :Gonefishing:

Thanks Mike, i think i am getting to the point where a go pro would be handy......its really hard to film all this stuff some days.