Re-purpose a broken Fishing Rod

Twocoda

Well my old 12 foot Diawa Eliminator FINALLY thought it was retired until i decided to resurrect it for its new purpose as a FLIRT POLE

FlirtPoleFun.jpg

so now it serves a purpose of fun ,exercise and the opportunity to get some kewl action shots with the dogs like this one

BackCatch.jpg

Does anybody else have any good ideas for re purposing old fishing rods?

Cheers

I have no purpose for old fishing rod but ya should get some video footage of this Dave :whistling: Pics are great but footage with sound is the ultimate to me anyways :)

I did some video Jacques but im still learning the program to make videos in After Effects...at the rate im learning it i should be cranking out movies in about 25 years from now...lol...

Is that what they call walking the dog :whistling:

its actually alot of fun once he catches the sock....head shakes are wicked!!!

Could have made like 4 icefishing rods out of that thing! :)

the thought did cross my mind Bill but i never ice fish...only Gods can walk on water...ice melts under my feet :whistling:

Put a reel with some 20lb XT on it and see how much drag he can pull!!!

Ive been tying the 14# line to the end of the rod but maybe a reel would be more fun for me because he snaps me off ever third catch or so unless i run behind him to keep off the tension...wonder what the neighbours are going to think when they see me fighting the dog with a fishing rod in the park :jerry: in come the straight jackets and rubber rooms :tease:

Great looking dog!

I made a 'super lightweight' hood stay for a car with an old rod section a few years ago B)

:thumbsup_anim: fishermen are creative

very cool!

Is that an American Bulldog? Wifey and I are getting a dog in the near future and I'm pushing hard for an American Bulldog.

Is it your dog? Any tips/info you can share about them? to strengthen my "case"

She wants a Golder Retriever...

Thanks!

Short hair dogs never stop shedding......I can vacuum DAILY and never get it all....

Long hair dog sheds come out in clumps and are easily picked up by hand....big advantage IMHO

Other then that it depends on how your dog trains you....LOL

depending on where the break is, you can fix the rod and keep using it. I have 3 broken rods that I use on a regualar basis. nothing wrong with them.

Agreed but i have so many rods :wallbash: repurposing a few for the sake of creativity wont hurt the inventory any...

very cool!

Is that an American Bulldog? Wifey and I are getting a dog in the near future and I'm pushing hard for an American Bulldog.

Is it your dog? Any tips/info you can share about them? to strengthen my "case"

She wants a Golder Retriever...

Thanks!

Yes he is an American Bulldog and yes he is mine...the best advice i can give you when it comes to owning one is.... be prepared to exercise the dog and socialize him right from the get go with everything and anything....you need to do your homework on educating yourself on the breed...in my opinion the Bully Breeds are the GREATEST dogs ever to suit me....your wife isnt wrong about wanting a Golden retriever either...we also have one in our house and she is awesome in a fluffy subdued kinda way ....They are both family members in our house and each one compliments each other very nicely...so we get the best of both worlds....if its water sports ...its the Golden that shines....if its speed and jumping and just plain awesomness of loyalty then the American Bulldog wins hands down...both breeds are incredibly smart and live to please their humans Both of our dogs are protective of each other and us but if push ever came to shove (not that it would) the American Bulldog is relentless when it comes to protection ( which brings up the NEED for command training)

One of the cons of owning a AM. Bulldog is there are alot of ignorant people that see the dog and instantly think its a pittbull and get goofy because of the Pittbull propaganda....Bull legislation IMO...

A con with both of our dogs is ...they take up too much room on our bed...i have never believed in crate training (personal preference) but if you were to crate train them ...Im sure that would solve the problem...

Here is a link to a bunch of pictures of our American Bulldog and links to educate yourself on the breed

http://www.facebook.com/AmericanBulldogsinCanada?ref=tn_tnmn

I will NEVER go without an American Bulldog in my life...for the rest of my life...to sum it all up....AWESOME BREED!

Good Luck with your desision :thumbsup_anim:

Short hair dogs never stop shedding......I can vacuum DAILY and never get it all....

Long hair dog sheds come out in clumps and are easily picked up by hand....big advantage IMHO

Other then that it depends on how your dog trains you....LOL

Our Golden Retriever trained us....we trained our American Bulldog

A "furminator" is the best tool for any dog long or short hair but with our Golden you can actually make another dog out of all the hair you get off her twice a year...and prepare to always have long blonde hairs stuck to your clothes that you dont get from a short haired dogs

I have no purpose for old fishing rod but ya should get some video footage of this Dave :whistling: Pics are great but footage with sound is the ultimate to me anyways :)

OK Jacques.....i gave it a shot...just for you ...lets see if it worked...first time playing on you tube and using Windows Movie Maker

Ive been tying the 14# line to the end of the rod but maybe a reel would be more fun for me because he snaps me off ever third catch or so unless i run behind him to keep off the tension...wonder what the neighbours are going to think when they see me fighting the dog with a fishing rod in the park :jerry: in come the straight jackets and rubber rooms :tease:

:thumbsup_anim: fishermen are creative

When I lived in the Beach area of Toronto, my wife had a lab/pointer mix...

His favorite toy was a hard plastic bone, so I drilled a hole in one end, ran a 12 inch leader through it, and hooked it up to my muskie rod.

Took the dog to the neighbourhood school and started casting... the dog loved it! We did get some strange looks :whistling:

I would burn it in, that bone would dance across the grass... the dog would go nuts! Head shake were awesome!

I also had a cat that I would use a 5ft ultra-light on... so to speak!

I'd flip for him in the living room... much to my wife's chagrin.

HH