Bleedin' freezin' guv!

limeyangler

Hi All,

Was determined to get out in the boat today. Put off from in front of the house and headed in search of pike, bass and crappie. Took some big sucker minnows for under a slip bobber but was not to be. Got a couple OOS walleye and a whole bunch of hammer handle pike but no big girls, no bass and not a sniff of a crappie anywhere. IT WAS COLD TODAY. 25kmh NE wind when i left...but rather pleasant by 8pm. Best bit of the trip was fnding mum, Jack and Roloff waiting for a boat ride when i pulled upto to shore....Roloff's first time in the boat.

VIDEO.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LE8Mx4uYN5w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WAS STILL COLD ON THE WAY HOME.....BUT AT LEAST THE WIND DIED OFF

IMG_1519.jpg

IMG_1522.jpg

IMG_1524.jpg

IMG_1525.jpg

WAS AWESOME....MUM, JACK AND ROLOFF WAITING FOR A BOAT RIDE WHEN I ARRIVED HOME...TOOK SOME INTERESTING PICS OF ICE ON OUR SHORE WHILE THEY GOT THEIR PFDs ON

IMG_1491-1.jpg

IMG_1488-1.jpg

IMG_1513.jpg

IMG_1504.jpg

IMG_1507.jpg

WENT FOR A BOAT RIDE BEFORE JACK'S BEDTIME, ROLOFF'S 1ST TIME IN THE TINNY!

IMG_1531.jpg

Maybe you should have waited till today,looks like it's going to be a beauty.

I finally get some nice weather on my days off & have to spend them in Winnipeg :wallbash:

Good luck on the crappie hunt Simon.

Did you ever see my post for weather forecast on my days off? Well it holds true every time...lol...look at the last four days and look at the next 4 days starting today....you will know my shift pattern easily!

Sure does look a little chilly there Simon. Jack is bundled up as much/more than he is in the dead of winter. Great photos though. You're going to have a lot to look at and reminisce with Jack when you're old and grey. :)

Beautiful pics sir....just blows my mind that it's a typical week night for you thumbsup_anim.gif Roloff is a stunning brute....I showed Jessy the pics of him as a pup, but haven't been keeping her updated on his progress.....because I know I'll end up with one of my own if I do whistling.gif

Nice pics, thanks for sharing. Does your lab jump in the water from the boat when your not paying attention and don't get a chance to say no? 40-45F water temp sure as heck didn't stop mine from doing so. The bugger jumped in when me and my partner were pulling in our lines and weren't paying attention to her. I found myself having to prevent her from jumping into the water constantly as she was ready to go again any time :lol:. It was her first time on the boat though and she was 13 months old at the time. Its in their nature I guess.

Sure does look a little chilly there Simon. Jack is bundled up as much/more than he is in the dead of winter. Great photos though. You're going to have a lot to look at and reminisce with Jack when you're old and grey. :)

I am old and grey...lol

Beautiful pics sir....just blows my mind that it's a typical week night for you thumbsup_anim.gif Roloff is a stunning brute....I showed Jessy the pics of him as a pup, but haven't been keeping her updated on his progress.....because I know I'll end up with one of my own if I do whistling.gif

JB...seriously...i was dead against the dog...but he's pretty cool to have. I always thought they were too much hassle, but up here is made for him...no walks on a leash...open the door...he takes off....call him...you hear him bounding through the forest to come in.

Nice pics, thanks for sharing. Does your lab jump in the water from the boat when your not paying attention and don't get a chance to say no? 40-45F water temp sure as heck didn't stop mine from doing so. The bugger jumped in when me and my partner were pulling in our lines and weren't paying attention to her. I found myself having to prevent her from jumping into the water constantly as she was ready to go again any time :lol:. It was her first time on the boat though and she was 13 months old at the time. Its in their nature I guess.

Like i said...it was his first time in the boat....he went beserk with excitement when i pulled up to shore and jumped right into the boat. He was a bit freaked when the boat was moving but could not go far cuz my wife had hold of his leash.

When i was trailering the boat he jumped back in and stayed in while i winched it on...but as soon as it was on land he jumped out.

He is a good swimmer but seems reluctant because of the water temp to go too far...time will tell i guess. He is only 6 months old so its hard to say.

The water temps won't stop my dogs at all. As soon as the ice is pulling, both of them are in the river.

Simon, I never wanted dogs either, but the kids wanted dogs so they got their way, lol. They grow on you though, and there great company thats for sure.

I'm sure Roloff will be a boat pro in no time, and he sure has a great place to live.

Its a good thing he doesn't jump in the water when its still cold out. They say their ears can get infected because it takes the water longer to dry in cold conditions. Makes sense.

manitoubass2: no issues with the ears on yours? Are they labs?

Edited by Fish4Eyes

Its a good thing he doesn't jump in the water when its still cold out. They say their ears can get infected because it takes the water longer to dry in cold conditions. Makes sense.

manitoubass2: no issues with the ears on yours? Are they labs?

Nope, none at all. But I have them come inside when it's cold out. Were just walking home from the river though, I'd suppose it would be an issue if your boating though??? I get ear aches if I'm wet and cruising in the boat.

One of my dogs is a husky, the other is husky/sheppard mix

Edited by manitoubass2

IMG_1491-1.jpg

Geesh, no wonder it's so cold up there, seems like you are planting this stuff you call ice! If you can get something to kill that stuff off, perhaps it will warm up for you...

Some nice pics you got.

Cheers, Ron...