Speaking of HUGE dogs.....

lew

Squid posted a story yesterday about a huge dog and it reminded me of a St. Bernard I had many many years ago, so I dug out the picture to post.

His name was Tiny and although he was massive, he was the most gentle dog I've ever known and little kids used to ride him like a horse and he loved it. We never weighed him but he was HUGE !!!

He's been gone since the 60's but I've still got plenty of fond memories of him.

That's my dad sitting in the chair and the pretty blonde teeniebopper on YOUR right has been my Mrs for over 40 years.

This has always been one of my favorite pictures.

Cnv1972.jpg

Edited by lew

Lew,

When I lived in the UK some friends ran a hamburger joint on the sea front not far from where I lived. They had an English Mastiff (of Hound of the Baskervilles fame) who was a really big boy. At closing time they fed him the leftovers and he ate a hamburgers, bun and everything with one chew and one swallow! Of course he is long gone, however I have photo of him consuming his 6th hamburger in 2 minutes, the kids loved to have their photo taken with him......I will scan it and post it if I can put my hands on it.

John..

Why didn't you name Marvin "Gigantic" seeing tiny was the total opposites. LOL

I love big dogs, my dogs max is big, well everybody always telling us that, but we don't notice it as much.

Big dogs are so content.

Great memories Lew, i had a second cousin who had a St. Bernard, he was huge, but he'd come by you and when he left, you had this big drool spot on your pants. LOL