P-Line Floroclear

bassjnkie

I need to spool a few spinning reels that usually have Suffix line on them. I'm looking at the P-Line Floroclear and wanted some opinions before I go ahead and purchase it.

So, should I good with it or just stay away?

Thanks.

Daniel

I use it all the time. Its a great line for me. Its got less stretch than full mono, but the abrasion and invisible characteristics of fluoro.

I use it for all my light line panfish rods, and up to 17lb for harnesses and leaders off braid.

I like it.

S.

I switched to this line a few years ago. I used to be a Berkley XL (Red Box) kind of guy, but not since I discovered P-Line Floroclear.

I now use it for all my mono applications on spinning, casting and even on tip-ups for ice fishing.

Cabelas usually has the 3000yd bulk spools on for around $60, even less when on sale, instead of our local prices of $14.99 for 300yds thumbsup_anim.gif

http://www.cabelas.com/product/P-Line-Floroclear-Fishing-Line-150-3000-Yards/743112.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dfloroclear%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=floroclear&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products#productChart

Also, for anyone interested in a really tough/strong line suited for trolling the P-Line CXX has proven to me over the last 2 seasons it is up to the task for big angry Chinook Salmon on Lake O. Gonefishing.gif

Thanks all. Sounds like a great line. Maybe I should take the suggestion and buy a bulk spool,that way I can put it on all my mono spinning reels.

Bernie, there's nothing wrong with Suffix, I just wanted to change to something different.

Thanks again.

Daniel

If you don't mind a blue mono, I recommend Seaguar senshi more. I switched from floroclear, and find senshi is thinner, seems better for abrasion and smoother after being on a spool for a while.

Not answering the op's question...but I have to agree LOL!

This line is amazing. Super limp, super thin and strong. What you didn't mention is the fact that it has virtually no stretch. It's unreal.

I've been using it for steelheading but I'm going to try it on my walleye jigging rods this year as alternative to braid.

It's actually not blue either. It's clear on the spool. In the sun it has a blue tint very very similar to the old school Stren.

Used Floroclear a few years ago before I switched to straight Fluoro.

If I remember right it is a coly coated with fluoro. Great line for spinning reels, no real memory and good abrasive resistence. Definitley an option to explore over a reg mono line.

Thanks again everyone. I went to JB's Fishing Depot and Steve hooked me up with the P-Line. Took it for a test drive for a couple hours and so far so good. Thin, strong, low memory and cast really nice. 100 times better then the monos I've been using.

Thanks again.

Daniel