Catching lousy, fishing excellent!

Big Cliff

It all started Friday evening with Pikeslayer and his son-in-law coming up. Wiskeywizard was part of the plan and offered to provide Friday night's dinner. Man can that guy cook a steak!!!! They were the best steaks I have ever had! He left no stone un turned, salad, wine, brachettia (sp) it ws so good!

Saturday morning we got up and went down to Mike's (Wiskeywizard's) place to help him launch his new boat. Wow, what a beautiful place! So, it didn't take too long with the 4 of us to get the boat in and all set up. We left Mike to do his thing and we came back here to put the last section of my dock in.

The work done, it was time to go fishing so fishing we went. It was slow to say the least, the wind was brutil and we had problems anchoring and holding a position but we did manage a few small crappie. Enough for an appatizer for Saturday night's dinner at least. Simon had very kindly supplied Saturday's dinner. An excellent dinner choice BTW and by the time dinner was over there wasn't a hungry person in the place.

With full stomaches it wasn't long before people started to fade toward their beds, lol the older we get the earlier that seems to happen!

Sunday was supposed to be rained out according to the weather man, (only job I know of where you can be wrong 85% of the time and everyone still believes you). Anyway, we did a bit of work around here this morning (nothing too big) then headed out fishing. Again, the catching was slow but the fishing fantastic. We did manage a few smaller crappie and a few blue gills but that was about it.

Anyway, a wonderful weekend with wonderful friends and we even got to do a bit of catching!

Thanks - it was good to get rid of those old steaks. I don't how I forgot them in the trunk of the car for a week, but the marinade hid the smell. :whistling:

I'm sorry I missed PS's dinner. I was looking forward to it. I had to resolve a plumbing emergency.

PS - who was that masked man? I mean, men. Well, maybe they were men. What's with all those masks?

Oh - forgot to say thanks for the help. There's no way I would have gotten the boat off the trailer alone, so thank you to Troy, Simon and Cliff. It's good to have it in the water and here at home. The trailer still looks like a swamp creature - maybe I'll have time to get to that on Monday night.

Any bugle-mouthed bass make their appearance out front yet? There's the odd one being caught over at Peterpatch & down on the Ganny. I gotta head over to Blackstock to load up on corn & groundbait soon . . . . got your puppy trained to point out or retrieve fish yet?

Any bugle-mouthed bass make their appearance out front yet? There's the odd one being caught over at Peterpatch & down on the Ganny. I gotta head over to Blackstock to load up on corn & groundbait soon . . . . got your puppy trained to point out or retrieve fish yet?

There were a few crusing around, one of the young lads did set up a line but didn't get any takers. I went through 3 bags of corn feeding them last year and no one ever showed up to fish for them.

Puppy is coming along well for a 10 month old, I doubt she'll ever be into retreiving fish though, perhaps stealing them if she gets a chance LOL.