Help from an American

Dabluz

Hello. I want to buy a reel from Gander Mountain. They have a special price for a Citica 200E right now. Unfortunately, they do not ship to Canada. I hoping that someone on this site who lives in the U.S. could forward the reel to me here in Canada.

The way I will work out the transaction is that I will buy the reel via Paypal and put the american address for the free shipping. Then the person who receives the reel will contact me and tell me how much shipping will cost from his address to mine and I will send him a U.S. Postal Money Order. The person does not have to send the reel until cashing in the money order.

Even better, call the Gander in Buffalo, buy the reel and have them set it aside for you.

Give them my name and tell them I'll be picking it up for you.

I'll be down that way at least a couple of times in the next week, I'd be happy to pick it up for you.

I'll bring it over the border and mail it to you from ON.

Even better, call the Gander in Buffalo, buy the reel and have them set it aside for you.

I'll be down that way at least a couple of times in the next week, I'd be happy to pick it up for you.

Awesome gesture on your part Mike, though I'm not surprised. Kudos to you. ;)

... if you listen closely you can hear countless ofc'rs clicking onto Gander's site.

can you make this arrangement with a USA shipping store...?

have gander send it to a shipping store and have them send it to you...

im not sure if thats something they do...but its worth a call...

i use "the ship it shop" in massena NY...

The Ship-it Shop

1 North Main Street

Massena, NY 13662

315-764-5866

but i go over and pick up my packages...its only a 15 minute

worth a call anyways...

It's ok.....I am already planning things out with somebody on this site who lives in the U.S. Thanks for the offers.

Imagine this. Last year, the Citica 200E sold for 240 dollars here in Chicoutimi.

Right now, I can get one for 150 dollars plus 15% sales tax.

Even if the shipping costs are around 20 dollars (which I doubt very much....USPS is way cheaper than Canada Post), I'm still saving 50 dollars. Or 150 dollars if I consider last year's price.

Where is the free trade agreement?

I may have to buy a part for my bowmount electric motor. Here in Canada it's 78 dollars plus shipping. If I was in the U.S., I could get the part for 28 dollars plus shipping.

It's ok.....I am already planning things out with somebody on this site who lives in the U.S. Thanks for the offers.

Imagine this. Last year, the Citica 200E sold for 240 dollars here in Chicoutimi.

Right now, I can get one for 150 dollars plus 15% sales tax.

Even if the shipping costs are around 20 dollars (which I doubt very much....USPS is way cheaper than Canada Post), I'm still saving 50 dollars. Or 150 dollars if I consider last year's price.

Where is the free trade agreement?

I may have to buy a part for my bowmount electric motor. Here in Canada it's 78 dollars plus shipping. If I was in the U.S., I could get the part for 28 dollars plus shipping.

You sure its the Citica for 240 here in Canada, or the Curado? Seems a bit expensive for a Citica.I paid 135 for my Citica last year.

Since I live so close to Niagara Falls NY., when I order anything from the states I have it shipped UPS - "Hold for Pickup". The shipping address I give them is the address of the UPS depot just over the border and I include my cell phone number in the address. UPS calls me when it arrives and I have 7 days to pick it up. No charge either. I can be there and back in 90 mins - unless I include another stop at Gander or Chillies!!

You sure its the Citica for 240 here in Canada, or the Curado? Seems a bit expensive for a Citica.I paid 135 for my Citica last year.

Guaranteed you'll get it cheaper in Canada than $250, Mercman is right.

A 30 second google search turned up this:

http://www.thefishinhole.com/index.cfm?action=products.search

It wouldn't hurt to see if Phil Harrison on the board can help you either. His online shop is etackle.ca

Also call Jos at Angling Outfitters in Woodstock. Pretty sure he'd cut you a good deal.

IF you haven't acted yet.......Cabela's has that reel for $129.99 and THEN a $30 rebate on top of that....putting that reel at less then $100....ship to my place and I'll ship it back to China if you want as long a you're paying for it....LOL

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shimano-Citica-Casting-Reel/1306842.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3DCitica%26x%3D21%26y%3D12%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=Citica&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

Bob

A quick search of Ebay as well has the Citica or curado coming up for under $130 and $160 respectively. Shipping is around $20, and if you ask the seller to mark it as a gift it should save you from paying any duty charges. Some local tackle stores might also have these on clearance, I know a local store here in London has a few curado's left for around $135 (been a few weeks since I've been there so they may all be sold), but at that price, I'd be grabbing one if I needed another reel.

Here in my region, the Citica 200E was 250 dollars last year.

I went to the store the other day and saw it at 150 dollars while the Curado (G series) is at 180 dollars.

I was hoping to buy a Curado 50E for around 100 dollars somewhere on the internet but they are selling for about 130 dollars plus 30 dollars for shipping so I settled for a Citica 200E at 80 dollars.

I have other baitcasters...some lefties and some right hand. All are pretty good. I just sold a Cardiff 101 and will sell a Calyx 101 that I only used 2 or 3 times. I may sell a Daiwa Procaster Z 103HL (leftie) but will probably keep the Procaster X 103H which has the handles on the right. It's the one I most often use. These old models of Procasters are great reels and are very hard to find now. They were near the top of the line in their day. I bought them "used" on ebay.

I also have an old Bantam Mag with the handles on the left but I will probably keep that one for fishing with a pistol grip style of baitcasting rod. It's great for casting 1/4 ounce spinner baits.

Anyway, all the fishing stuff is more expensive where I live. Everything is more expensive. There is little competition for the sellers except from the large department stores and these places don't sell higher quality items.

I rarely even see people using baitcasting outfits in my area and if I think about, I might have never seen anyone using a baitcasting outfit other than a buddy of mine who I initiated to fishing a few years ago. Most are trout fishermen who only dabble in fishing for walleye or landlocked salmon so they all use spinning equipment in the 3000 size. It's even hard to find any fishing line under 6 lb test. Not much demand for finesse style fishing outfits and even less demand for baitcasting equipment.

The average fisherman up here buys 60 dollar reels or cheaper and the same for rods. They then load the reels with 12 lb mono and use it until it rots. The fishing is too easy I guess. Every year, I see hundreds of people coming out of Walmarts and Canadian Tire with those 50 dollar combos. They seem to prefer buying new combos every couple of years.

Edited by Dabluz

Here in my region, the Citica 200E was 250 dollars last year.

I went to the store the other day and saw it at 150 dollars while the Curado (G series) is at 180 dollars.

I was hoping to buy a Curado 50E for around 100 dollars somewhere on the internet but they are selling for about 130 dollars plus 30 dollars for shipping so I settled for a Citica 200E at 80 dollars.

I have other baitcasters...some lefties and some right hand. All are pretty good. I just sold a Cardiff 101 and will sell a Calyx 101 that I only used 2 or 3 times. I may sell a Daiwa Procaster Z 103HL (leftie) but will probably keep the Procaster X 103H which has the handles on the right. It's the one I most often use. These old models of Procasters are great reels and are very hard to find now. They were near the top of the line in their day. I bought them "used" on ebay.

I also have an old Bantam Mag with the handles on the left but I will probably keep that one for fishing with a pistol grip style of baitcasting rod. It's great for casting 1/4 ounce spinner baits.

Anyway, all the fishing stuff is more expensive where I live. Everything is more expensive. There is little competition for the sellers except from the large department stores and these places don't sell higher quality items.

I rarely even see people using baitcasting outfits in my area and if I think about, I might have never seen anyone using a baitcasting outfit other than a buddy of mine who I initiated to fishing a few years ago. Most are trout fishermen who only dabble in fishing for walleye or landlocked salmon so they all use spinning equipment in the 3000 size. It's even hard to find any fishing line under 6 lb test. Not much demand for finesse style fishing outfits and even less demand for baitcasting equipment.

The average fisherman up here buys 60 dollar reels or cheaper and the same for rods. They then load the reels with 12 lb mono and use it until it rots. The fishing is too easy I guess. Every year, I see hundreds of people coming out of Walmarts and Canadian Tire with those 50 dollar combos. They seem to prefer buying new combos every couple of years.

laugh.gif

Come on down to Montreal my friend!!! 129.95 plus we'll get out fishin for a bitthumbsup_anim.gif

Those prices are insane!

Note to self, never move to Chicoutimi without stocking up on fishing equipment LOL!!!