My Aurora Trout Adventure Video

cl_fishin

We tried to document our quest for an Aurora Trout last fall including the getting to and from adventure part. Was disappointed with what was useable (not enough actual fishing) and the video quality, but it is what it is, and I did what I could with it. Not much video of these fish out there so I thought I would share it anyway. I will be upgrading my video cam this season. Hope you enjoy I have a few more adventures to share once the are edited

Aurora Trout Adventure

Your video wasn't very specific as to what was successful. Float rod and float obviously. Slip float? How much lead how much water what kind of structure bait and how it was rigged. I ask because I've been twice now and have had the same results as Tyler.

Me Aurora Trout Fishing

fryfish.jpg

I caught him on a fixed float rig with the bait suspended about 4 feet down casting it right up close (almost into) the biggest laydown tree, on the steepest bank in the lake. Focused our fishing during prime times, low light morning and evening when they were most active. I really thought they would be easier to catch like Brookies but the were actually pretty tough, probably got alot of fishing pressure, and the lake was thick with minnows.

hey there, i was going to go fish for Aurora Trout this year but I thought it was in the Regs. that you could only catch 1 fish ( your choice to keep it or not ) then you had to leave. That kept me from going . You can't even catch and release the fish.....just catch 1 then leave the water.

i obviously miss understood the regs............and i'm in 100% this year.

Beauty fish!!!!!

hey there, i was going to go fish for Aurora Trout this year but I thought it was in the Regs. that you could only catch 1 fish ( your choice to keep it or not ) then you had to leave. That kept me from going . You can't even catch and release the fish.....just catch 1 then leave the water.

i obviously miss understood the regs............and i'm in 100% this year.

Beauty fish!!!!!

That's exactly what they said, one fish per day (released or not) and you're done.

I think getting a picture of just 1 is worth effort !!! That's quite the accomplishment...........pulling out a picture of you holding an Aurora Trout basically is like holding a " Trump card" , when it comes fish bragging sessions !!! . i've seen l;ots of Trophy Pike and Bass but NEVER could they compare to Aurora Trout !!!!!!!!11