Anyone fish Davis lake north of kinmount?

cityfisher

Hi all,

Buddy at worked offered to join him at his cottage in may. Ofcourse i want to bring the boat :)

How is davis lake? hes not a fisherman, so all he said to me was there a couple bass in the lake..lol

Anything decent to fish for in May or best bet to try gull/head/4 mile or even balsam instead.

Thanks!

How is davis lake? hes not a fisherman, so all he said to me was there a couple bass in the lake..lol

he's correct, lol. that's all I have ever caught there and and old friends folks live on the lake and have been there for years. there could be more in there but I couldn't tell you; as like I said, all we ever got was bass.

May , too early for bass, you mentioned Gull? even if you don't want to deal with the boat , I've produced both Lakers and Rainbows from shore working the outflow of the Gull R. into the lake on the north end that time of year over the years.

Davis Lk once had a naturally reproducing lake trout population but I haven't heard about anyone fishing for them. In May, I guess you could try for lakers in Davis, or nearby, splake in Buller, rainbows in Cedar or lakers in Gull. There's some brookies in Crego creek too.

May , too early for bass, you mentioned Gull? even if you don't want to deal with the boat , I've produced both Lakers and Rainbows from shore working the outflow of the Gull R. into the lake on the north end that time of year over the years.

rainbows eh, from the inflow in Sandy Bay or the outflow by Moores Falls? I'm guessing Sandy Bay.

rainbows eh, from the inflow in Sandy Bay or the outflow by Moores Falls? I'm guessing Sandy Bay.

yes, Sandy Bay , where the Gull River flows into Gull Lake. Cast upstream into the river and drift your bait or lure in the current that extends into the lake.

Edit: I believe the bows actually run that river up to the dam in Minden much like steelhead in the Great Lakes.

Edited by dave524