fishing U.S. side

ld17

Call this # 1-888-226-7277 when you come back into Canadian waters Give them the information they ask for If they send a guy to the launch stay in your boat and wait for them. No big deal.As far as going from Canadian side to the U.S waters just go and fish with a NY state license. To obtain your N.Y license call: 1-866-933-2257. Please allow 10 business days for delivery by mail. Don't touch land or anchor in U.S waters and you should be OK.

Edited by Steve piggott

Call this # 1-888-226-7277 when you come back into Canadian waters Give them the information they ask for If they send a guy to the launch stay in your boat and wait for them. No big deal.As far as going from Canadian side to the U.S waters just go and fish with a NY state license. To obtain your N.Y license call: 1-866-933-2257. Please allow 10 business days for delivery by mail. Don't touch land or anchor in U.S waters and you should be OK.

thanks

I fish NY waters...Was told by a border guard carry your passport to avoid any trouble. Last spring I was topped by NY DEC and County Sheriff, they only asked to see licenses and PFDs...I won't be calling the 1-800# when I return home...I'll just have to risk it! angel.png

Hummmmm....i wouldnt be saying that too loudly on a public forum Dax.w00t.gif

I'm not surprised thats all the New York guys asked for as that law has nothing to do with them , it's when you come back home that there may be a problem

So it's very similar to border customs. Going there is no problem, it's always coming back that's the headache.

Up until last year the deal was you could travel back and forth visa versa as long as you did NOT anchor and did NOT dock or come a ground....but that all changed last summer when a NYS fishermen got fined in Ontario Waters while fishing the St Lawrence.....there was a big article last year in the Buffalo News......but then I "think" both countries have since back off again and it's back to where it use to be, come and go freely...but that can change again in the blink of an eye..... :wallbash:....I, myself have fished in Canadian waters hundreds of times while launching out of Buffalo in Lake Erie and will continue to do so....so if you read about a crazy Redneck being dragged into Ontario jail, it's only me... :rolleyes:

Edited by Billy Bob

....I, myself have fished in Canadian waters hundreds of times while launching out of Buffalo in Lake Erie and will continue to do so....so if you read about a crazy Redneck being dragged into Ontario jail, it's only me... rolleyes.gif

If that happens Bob, use you free call and let me know. I will get another Canadian survival kit to youwhistling.gif

Our Canadian guys working this side of the water have gone up to my brothers boat on the St Lawrence and checked him out then after told him 30' feet more that way was U.S waters and that he did'nt want to go there . What was that all about ?

Our Canadian guys working this side of the water have gone up to my brothers boat on the St Lawrence and checked him out then after told him 30' feet more that way was U.S waters and that he did'nt want to go there . What was that all about ?

They didn't want to lose him.....once they cross over to our side, most never go back....LOL