Someone stole my hut :(

camillj

that sucks big time I hope they get what is coming to them.

We had the same thing happen to us but it was a little different we had a 14X14 shack and waited to long the ice along shore was getting to crappy for us to pull it off so we took it apart and brought the roof section home when we got back the rest of it was gone but all the couches and empty's were left right there what a joke we were young maybe 18 or so and were not happy some one got a lot of lumber to build there own shack for the next season we never saw the pieces again Heck they even stole the steel door.

OK .. lets clear it up ... I'm not totally STUPID ... I left two "wire" contraptions I call rods (which basically are an upgrade to the old-school willow twigs stuck in the snow ....I made them to clamp onto base plates which I "freeze" into the ice beside the two holes inside the hut... they are worth about $2 bucks each (and I have made 10 more for larger GTG's) ... but I leave em in the hut because it is a real pain to set em up the first time and if you go in the hut you just clip on your line and you are fishin in seconds ... I only mention that the rods were gone (but the bases were still there) because that makes me more certain it was stolen not blown away in the wind. I DID lug all my other stuff (although I cant remember if I left 'em a $10 folding chair)

And no hawk-eye hopefully it IS NOT dead ... I think there are MANY folks in this group who think the same way (at least I like to believe that).

Try getting out of the city once in awhile.

I do not live in the city, at least not the big one. Born and raised farm boy. My career has force me to work in the city wich is why I choose to have a 125km commute to work. I found that this is the closest I get get while remaining in the Canada I grew up in. But even in the smaller towns here in southern Ontario the days of trusting your neighbors are just about gone.

Tight lines everyone.

Wow ... that IS a great deal ! ... I already ordered one off ebay (not nearly as good a deal .. but hey .. its on its way now) - but thanks for the info !

Edited by camillj