Someone stole my hut :(

camillj

RANT ON

If ya happen to see a 4 Man Ice Cube ... with the numbers BR5320 (hopefully they are too dumb to take the numbers off it) ... ask em where they got it

I musta told 50 different guys to go right ahead and use it if they needed to when I wasnt there ... just please leave it like you found it ...

Jeeze ... you would think they could just use it and leave it be ... got up to Lake Joe this weekend .. thought I had everything all set up and ready to go for a little group GTG and ... the hut was gone ... tooks the rods too :(

I was kinda hoping maybe someone 'borrowed it' and was gonna bring it back .. call me naive and I know .. I guess I should know better ... but honestly I just refuse to let arses change the way I behave ... next year there will be another one right there in the same spot ... hopefully they wont need another more than I do :)

RANT OFF

That's a disgrace.

People I have only met once have give'n me the go ahead to use their huts when I want and I have never thought about stealing a hook from their huts, never mind the entire hut. That truly is an all time low. Hope you find you're hut.

Is that a portable pop-up? If you left it unattended, I wouldn't be surprised if it blew away.

Nope .. it was secured with a 2X4 UNDER the ice tied with a rope to the main frame ... and we got up there before the 100KM winds hit :)

Also .. there was no sign of my rods - which were secured to base plates ... but the base plates (which were frozen into the ice - were still there (but clearly hacked up from someone chipping away to get em out unsuccessfully).

It is what it is ... and like I said I just needed a little rant ... I'm heading over to ebay right now to replace it for next year ... I absolutely wont let thiefs and jerks ruin my outlook on fishing (or life) ... I like to leave my stuff all set up so when i get there I am ready to GO !!!!! :) (ok .. maybe I am just lazy)

Is that a portable pop-up? If you left it unattended, I wouldn't be surprised if it blew away.

:):rolleyes:

i dont want to make light of your plight...but that comment was just class...optimism at its best!

Sorry to hear about your news...thats really low. I'm with Slayer on this one!

If you find out who stole it, I will kill them dead for you. No charge, no questions.

Years back, when

had a hut,I would not have a lock on it(cause it would get broke off,like many times before) I would leave a note on the wall. Feal free to use,theres minnows in the bucket,just pull up the chain. HAVE A GOOD TIME. All I ask is please dont leave a mess.TY

Pretty much, it was left as I left it.

Then again,it was a shelter,with a hole to fish out of from the elements. I left nothing behind.

Sorry to hear you got robbed.

RESPECT SEEMS TO BE A THING OF THE PAST. SHAME.

Sorry to here about that.

Maybe Simcoe has jadded me a little, but I would never leave a portable hut un-attended on the ice overnight. They're way to easy to steel. Specially would not have left any gear in it.

On Simcoe, they'll break into anything. And if the find anything of value, it's gone. Leaving a portable out on the ice un-attended is just asking for it down here. By Lake Joe, I'm assuming the one in Muskoka? Not that far north. With the unsafe ice on Simcoe, the theifs must be moving north to get their quota.

Edited by N.A.W

Sorry to here about that.

Maybe Simcoe has jadded me a little, but I would never leave a portable hut un-attended on the ice overnight. They're way to easy to steel. Specially would not have left any gear in it.

On Simcoe, they'll break into anything. And if the find anything of value, it's gone. Leaving a portable out on the ice un-attended is just asking for it down here. By Lake Joe, I'm assuming the one in Muskoka? Not that far north. With the unsafe ice on Simcoe, the theifs must be moving north to get their quota.

No matter portable or perm. It,s just the matter of WHY. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

I really don't know how these types of people can live with themselves. Must have had a horrible upbringing maybe and taught no respect. A fishing hut is the same to me and probably most others, as a cabin or a camper's set-up...you just don't touch other peoples stuff in those situations ( well at any time..lol). For me I just picked up this code of ethics from many times outdoors with my father and its totally alien for me to think otherwise.

There are many people that do not respect other people's property rights today. The people that stole your hut I would bet are not the ones that you told to use your hut when you weren't around. I'm told that there are people that look for equipment to steal out of cars parked at popular fishing spots. I wish you luck recovering your hut and as others have said you have the right attitude.

One trust worthy bugger Jon! Those days are gone... except for a few spots well North where guys still leave their spud bars hanging outside the huts, propane bottles and shovels as well.. and nobody touches them.

Feel bad.. that money you forked out a week back could have been used for the replacement hut! (but Jen is having a great time on the goal line in Boston's end.. staring at Thomas's right shoulder! :D )

One trust worthy bugger Jon! Those days are gone... except for a few spots well North where guys still leave their spud bars hanging outside the huts, propane bottles and shovels as well.. and nobody touches them.

Feel bad.. that money you forked out a week back could have been used for the replacement hut! (but Jen is having a great time on the goal line in Boston's end.. staring at Thomas's right shoulder! :D )

MONEY COMES AND IT GOES MY FRIEND .. BUT TIMES LIKE THESE ARE ONCE IN A LIFETIME .. JUST THRILLED TO HAVE BEEN A PART OF IT !

GO LEAFS GO !!!!

That sucks big time. Happened to me last year when we walked out around a bay.

As for leaving your rods and that in a hut you leave out all season that is stupid. With all the arssholes out there I am suprised you do that. I can see leaving the hut but thats it. I dont leave my tackle or anything in my boat which is in my parents back yard in the water.

Hope you find the morons that took it though. I have no respect for loser. Most likely they will leave the numbers on to, thieves are to dumb.

Edited by Live2fish85

Mactierites would have had it off the base before you got home. :rolleyes:

Was going to make a similar comment. I lived in Port Carling for a couple of years and wouldn't have dreamed of leaving a portable hut set up on the ice with gear in it no less.

There's no excusing the theft and I do feel your pain.....but man that was an open invitation.