is it over?

lucid

For a minute there I thought I might've woken up from winter hibernation a bit early.

But the misty cloud cover and the smell of the soil thawing in the don valley is telling me otherwise. Winter apparently IS over and I just know those pike are playing sweet love songs in the harbour.

Regardless of the over-exposure of the urban fishing scene and the surplus of local anglers lately, i predict an insanely successful pike season!

Good luck and I'm sure I'll see some of you out there enjoying it too! C&R!

P.S. Snag, fiddle, sorry for my hermit-hood. I just didn't have the itch. But i'm starting to tingle a bit.

Edited by Lucid

For a minute there I thought I might've woken up from winter hibernation a bit early.

But the misty cloud cover and the smell of the soil thawing in the don valley is telling me otherwise. Winter apparently IS over and I just know those pike are playing sweet love songs in the harbour.

Regardless of the over-exposure of the urban fishing scene and the surplus of local anglers lately, i predict an insanely successful pike season!

Good luck and I'm sure I'll see some of you out there enjoying it too! C&R!

P.S. Snag, fiddle, sorry for my hermit-hood. I just didn't have the itch. But i'm starting to tingle a bit.

OH MY GOD.

OH MY GOD.

OH MY GOD.

OH MY GOD.

Here is the defining moment with Doug helping me with my First T.O. Pike:

med_gallery_82_84_25760.jpg

SQUEEEEEEEEEEL.

Lucid is not a newbie, Im sure you already knew that, and pike unfortunately closed early this season for lake Ontario. I have been going down to the spit, and the Islands for 8 years now maybe longer, EHG would know, but I have not seen more than two people at one time fishing there. Overexposure? doubt it. Have no fear Lucid you will have plenty of room on shore. I also have a little tip for you. if you dont already know, when bass opens there is some nice 5 pounders there as well. Bob Izumi did a show there once, and Im not talking the carp one.

Long time no hear from Lucid.

Ya man, me like many others are looking forward to your T.O reports along with another longtime no hear from dude in FHR.

Like I said....Looking forward to your reports.

Tell FHR I still have that great map he made up of the islands.

Well well... Lookie lookie!! :rolleyes:

No worries mate.. Just know that you'll be getting some harassing phone calls very soon! I've got a bottle of El Jimador with your name on it. And while I'm quite resolved to not leave you pleading messages in the wee hours of the morning, cause well... you don't have the itch just yet, you should ring me up you pike violator. I miss the s**t outta ya!

Keep in touch

Fiddlon aka. HD