Favourite rod and reel combo???

bucktail

Last June at Lakair, I was lucky enough to win beautiful Spiel custom light 6'6" spinning rod in a raffle. I didn't have a decent reel for it all of last summer and didn't use it as much as I would have liked.

For Christmas I got a new Stradic 1000FI reel for it (only seen ice duty so far) so I'm looking forward to getting more use from the rod, sure to become one of my favourites. Looks to be a dandy panfish, light jigging and small crankbait rod.

Can I have 3 favorites?

St.Croix Legend Tournament in 5'10 with my stradic for skipping docks. I love this setup and can skim one under a 30 foot dock front front to back bounce off the shoreline and land it in a pina colada laying down next to the a girl laying down for a tan

Cumara 6'8 M XF and curado E7 for finesse jiggs so light and comfy I can flip all day with this setup.

GL2 drop shot rod with a stradic. I love this setup as well.

Shimano Compre or Crucial Crankbait Rod. (99.99-159.99) and a Shimano Chronarch(204.99).

The weight difference is noticeable in between these two series and any same rods compared. It's not much but enough maybe.

Decide between the rods but for a reel that you plan on casting with all day long I don't think the Curado would be good enough but I'm sure it will do the job. For $50 more you can have a very smooth light good reel that is well worth the price.

Hope this helps,

MTBF

I was at le barons today, just looking around. I was looking at the shimano crucial 7' cranking rod.. and ended up buying it :thumbsup_anim:.. the no tax sale convinced me. It seems like a great rod and cant wait to get it wet. I will be pairing it with my bps pro qualifier reel for now. It's the 6:4:1 gear ratio, what do you guys think?

For the last ten years my go-to Senko rod has been a St.Croix Avid 6'9" ml with a Stradic 1000. I've used it so much that I had to re wrap the guides this winter!

I have a 7ft. Walleye series G.Loomis Crankbait rod with a Chronarch and an 6.5 and 7ft Loomis IMX's with Chronarch's as well. These rods are great when I want a little more feel as with spinnerbaits and Carolina rigs etc.

This winter I built a new Crappie rod on a Spin-Jig blank that is now the love of my life...grin. Using another Stradic 1000, it is light enough to throw 1/32 jigs, but the butt is strong enough to handle large fish...I have landed some 2 and 4 pound Bass with it no problem.

Garry2rs