BOQ walleye

gino

Hi everyone!

Me and my buddies tried Quinte couple of weeks ago and we got skunked. So...we went back this week and it was good. We fished all day north of big island and got some really nice jumbos. But no walleye...t'was almost time to go home, about 5:00 pm and we tried everything...I switched on a Williams whitefish golden spoon as my last resort, tipped with a minnow and VOILA!

DSC03118.jpg

It was a 31 inches and almost 10 lb beauty! Nice way to finish a day!

Next fishing trip is going to be up north, Marten River..has anybody been there recently? how was the fishing? any input will be appreciated...thanks!

Cheers!

Gino

@ wormdunker: ice was safe around 8-9 inches , not a problem...we even had ATV's on it

@ Musky Mike I weightit right outside the hut...man it was cold, my hands were freezing. you might be right tough...my scale is pretty old...

That's a monster. You'll be hard pressed to find those in marten river.

The ice is safe in that area, but lots of slush on some of smaller lakes that don't get wind swept. If your fishing the back lakes, I hope you have a sled. Its tough to get anywhere with a truck right now.

~~~~I was out there off the Big Island parked at Wager's Farm, and only landed a 2.5 lb Herring, and 9 Dinks for 2 days. I have phished Marten River out of Marten Rive Lodge, the Prov. Park, and Beaverland Lodges, spent most of out time on Lake Wickstead which flows into the Marten River, great for Pike and Walleye in about Mid lake region. Upper park of Martem River has a real long deep hole which has some great Trout action.

@ Rod Caster...thanks for info's, they always very helpful..I'm not dreaming about this at Marten, just looking forward for some more...in numbers speaking.Yes, we have sleds and ATV's. How is the fishing there? anybody been there recently?

Will you be fishing Marten River itself, or the surrounding lakes or Marten Lake? Also, just a reminder that Wicksteed is closed to winter fishing. There is some good fishing in the nearby lakes but you need to know how to get to them.

You can PM me if your looking for info on specific lakes in the area.

If it was 31 inches it should be heavier then 10... Especially this time of year... You sure your scale is working right...?

Really nice fish...

I was thinking the same thing....never fished BOQ but on Lake Erie a 30" fish is a honest 10lb fish......if the walleye is a average walleye on Erie it pretty much goes like this...

24" - 4lb +

25" - 5lb +

26" - 6lb

27" - 7lb

28" - 8lb

29" - 9lb

30" - 10lb +

But I did once catch a old grey skinny 32" walleye in September on Lake Erie that only weighed 9.6 lbs... :wallbash:

I was thinking the same thing....never fished BOQ but on Lake Erie a 30" fish is a honest 10lb fish......if the walleye is a average walleye on Erie it pretty much goes like this...

24" - 4lb +

25" - 5lb +

26" - 6lb

27" - 7lb

28" - 8lb

29" - 9lb

30" - 10lb +

But I did once catch a old grey skinny 32" walleye in September on Lake Erie that only weighed 9.6 lbs... :wallbash:

Thats exactly how I estamate...