Playing Frogger

Parisite

I was travelling westbound on Dundas St. near Walkers Line in Burlington yesterday afternoon when traffic came to an abrupt halt. The sun was low in the sky and shining right in the faces of west bound drivers so I thought, "great, now i'm stuck behind an accident".

Traffic started moving slowly and I noticed a guy standing in the middle of the road. Not the smartest idea on a busy four lane road. His van was parked in the centre lane and I thought he must be getting out to speak to the other driver involved in the accident. As I approached where he was standing the cars ahead of me were moving to the right of the lane as if they were trying to avoid some accident debris.

Turns out it wasn't accident debris. It was this guy's float rod with centre pin attached!

I graciously gave him lots of room because I would hate the thought of witnessing someone running over my gear when all I could do was watch helplessly from 10 feet away.

I passed by and he managed to retrieve it from the centre of the lane. I hope it wasn't too damaged.

Did this happen to be anyone from this board?

I did the same with my brand new lap top about a year ago, got on the 403, made it about 800 meters down the highway and i heard a loud bang in the bed of the truck, looked in the rear view and saw the lap top tumbling and finally end up on the shoulder. I got off the highway and backtracked to the exit i got onto, got back on the highway and recovered my broken lappy. Everything was busted on it except for the hard drive i was able to recover any files that were important. To this day i never drive with my tailgate down just incase something like this ever happens again. Spent 550 on the lappy and only had it for 4 days wallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif

I did the same with my brand new lap top about a year ago, got on the 403, made it about 800 meters down the highway and i heard a loud bang in the bed of the truck, looked in the rear view and saw the lap top tumbling and finally end up on the shoulder. I got off the highway and backtracked to the exit i got onto, got back on the highway and recovered my broken lappy. Everything was busted on it except for the hard drive i was able to recover any files that were important. To this day i never drive with my tailgate down just incase something like this ever happens again. Spent 550 on the lappy and only had it for 4 days wallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif

What, no extended garantee?????whistling.gif

Getting into my Tbird, with suit on, to head for TRW in Detroit.. pulled my plant key ring out and set it on the roof to take my suit jacket off for the drive.. and guess I got in and forgot about them. Heard something like cats claws on the ramp to the 400 at 93. Guess I drive pretty smooth as it made it to there... all the way from Penetang! Just too bad I didn't put two and two together before I got back that night from 26 mile! :wallbash:

I once drove from the Beer Store to my house with a 24 pack on my roof......and here I was thinking that everyone honking at me just wanted to say "hi"! LOL

they did, and they also wanted to say if you are going to waste that much beer to please share before you do... :rolleyes:

Once I was travelling with my wife Beverley D'Angelo, her crazy aunt and our 2 goofy kids to Wally World when I tied the dog to the back bumper...did I mention I went swimming with Christie Brinkley?

Chevy, you kidder you.... :mellow: